Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for Foundations of Nursing (Access Card), 7th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Cooper’s Foundations of Nursing, 7th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and summative exams. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system disease, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and summative exams.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter, topic, or concept allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic item options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable summative exam preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
Unit I: Fundamentals of Nursing 1. Evolution of Nursing 2. Legal and Ethical Aspects of Nursing 3. Documentation 4. Communication 5. Nursing Process and Critical Thinking 6. Cultural and Ethnic Considerations
Unit II: Fundamentals of Clinical Practice 7. Asepsis and Infection Control 8. Body Mechanics and Patient Mobility 9. Hygiene and Care of the Patient’s Environment 10. Safety
Unit III: Introduction to Nursing Interventions 11. Vital Signs 12. Physical Assessment 13. Admission, Transfer, and Discharge 14. Surgical Wound Care 15. Specimen Collection and Diagnostic Testing 16. Care of Patients Experiencing Urgent Alterations in Health 17. Complementary and Alternative Therapies 18. Pain Management, Comfort, Rest, and Sleep 19. Nutritional Concepts and Related Therapies 20. Fluids and Electrolytes 21. Dosage Calculation and Medication Administration 22. Care of Patients with Alterations in Health
Unit IV: Nursing Care Across the Lifespan 23. Lifespan Development 24. Loss, Grief, Dying, and Death 25. Health Promotion and Pregnancy 26. Labor and Delivery 27. Care of the Mother and Newborn 28. Care of the High-Risk Mother, Newborn, and Family with Special Needs 29. Health Promotion for the Infant, Child, and Adolescent 30. Basic Pediatric Nursing Care 31. Care of the Child with a Physical and Mental or Cognitive Disorder 32. Health Promotion and Care of the Older Adult
Unit V: Fundamentals of Mental Health Nursing 33. Concepts of Mental Health 34. Care of the Patient with a Psychiatric Disorder 35. Care of the Patient with an Addictive Personality
Unit VI: Fundamentals of Community Health Nursing 36. Home Health Nursing 37. Long-Term Care 38. Rehabilitation Nursing 39. Hospice Care
Unit VII: Transition to Professional Nursing 40. Professional Roles and Leadership
Appendix A: Common Abbreviations Appendix B: Laboratory Reference Values Appendix C: Answers to Review Questions for the NCLEX® Examination
Kim Cooper, RN, MSN, Chair, Nursing Department Program, Ivy Tech State College, Terre Haute, IN, Kelly Gosnell, RN, MSN, Associate Professor of Nursing
Ivy Tech Community College
Terre Haute, Indiana and Elsevier