Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for Medical-Surgical Nursing (Access Card), Updated Edition, 9th Edition
Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing - Access Card
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Lewis’s Medical-Surgical Nursing: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems, 9th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and summative exams. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system disease, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and summative exams.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter, topic, or concept allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic item options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable summative exam preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
Section One – Concepts in Nursing Practice 1. Professional Nursing Practice 2. Health Disparities and Culturally Competent Care 3. Health History and Physical Examination 4. Patient and Caregiver Teaching 5. Chronic Illness and Older Adults 6. Complementary and Alternative Therapies 7. Stress and Stress Management 8. Sleep and Sleep Disorders 9. Pain 10. Palliative Care at End of Life 11. Addictive Behaviors
Section Two – Pathophysiologic Mechanisms of Disease 12. Inflammation and Wound Healing 13. Genetics and Genomics 14. Altered Immune Responses and Transplantation 15. Infection 16. Cancer 17. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Imbalances
Section Three – Perioperative Care 18. Nursing Management: Preoperative Care 19. Nursing Management: Intraoperative Care 20. Nursing Management: Postoperative Care Section Four – Problems Related to Altered Sensory Input 21. Nursing Assessment: Visual and Auditory Systems 22. Nursing Management: Visual and Auditory Problems 23. Nursing Assessment: Integumentary System 24. Nursing Management: Integumentary Problems 25. Nursing Management: Burns
Section Five – Problems of Oxygenation: Ventilation 26. Nursing Assessment: Respiratory System 27. Nursing Management: Upper Respiratory Problems 28. Nursing Management: Lower Respiratory Problems 29. Nursing Management: Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases
Section Six – Problems of Oxygenation: Transport 30. Nursing Assessment: Hematologic System 31. Nursing Management: Hematologic Problems
Section Seven – Problems of Oxygenation: Perfusion 32. Nursing Assessment: Cardiovascular System 33. Nursing Management: Hypertension 34. Nursing Management: Coronary Artery Disease and Acute Coronary Syndrome 35. Nursing Management: Heart Failure 36. Nursing Management: Dysrhythmias 37. Nursing Management: Inflammatory and Structural Heart Disorders 38. Nursing Management: Vascular Disorders
Section Eight – Problems of Ingestion, Digestion, Absorption, and Elimination 39. Nursing Assessment: Gastrointestinal System 40. Nursing Management: Nutritional Problems 41. Nursing Management: Obesity 42. Nursing Management: Upper Gastrointestinal Problems 43. Nursing Management: Lower Gastrointestinal Problems 44. Nursing Management: Liver, Pancreas, and Biliary Tract Problems
Section Nine – Problems of Urinary Function 45. Nursing Assessment: Urinary System 46. Nursing Management: Renal and Urologic Problems 47. Nursing Management: Acute Renal Failure and Chronic Kidney Disease
Section Ten – Problems Related to Regulatory and Reproductive Mechanisms 48. Nursing Assessment: Endocrine System 49. Nursing Management: Diabetes Mellitus 50. Nursing Management: Endocrine Problems 51. Nursing Assessment: Reproductive System 52. Nursing Management: Breast Disorders 53. Nursing Management: Sexually Transmitted Diseases 54. Nursing Management: Female Reproductive Problems 55. Nursing Management: Male Reproductive Problems
Section Eleven – Problems Related to Movement and Coordination 56. Nursing Assessment: Nervous System 57. Nursing Management: Acute Intracranial Problems 58. Nursing Management: Stroke 59. Nursing Management: Chronic Neurologic Problems 60. Nursing Management: Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia 61. Nursing Management: Peripheral Nerve and Spinal Cord Problems 62. Nursing Assessment: Musculoskeletal System 63. Nursing Management: Musculoskeletal Trauma and Orthopedic Surgery 64. Nursing Management: Musculoskeletal Problems 65. Nursing Management: Arthritis and Connective Tissue Diseases
Section Twelve – Nursing Care in Specialized Settings 66. Nursing Management: Critical Care 67. Nursing Management: Shock, Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome, and Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome 68. Nursing Management: Respiratory Failure and Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome 69. Nursing Management: Emergency, Terrorism, and Disaster Nursing
Appendix A. Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers Appendix B. Nursing Diagnoses Appendix C. Laboratory Reference Intervals
Glossary Illustration Credits Index
Sharon L. Lewis, RN, PhD, FAAN, Research Professor, Castella Distinguished Professor, School of Nursing, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, Shannon Ruff Dirksen, RN, PhD, Associate Professor, College of Nursing and Health Innovation, Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ, Margaret M. Heitkemper, RN, PhD, FAAN, Professor and Chairperson, Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, Elizabeth Sterling Soule Endowed Chair in Nursing, School of Nursing; Adjunct Professor, Division of Gastroenterology, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA and Linda Bucher, RN, PhD, CEN, CNE, Professor, School of Nursing, University of Delaware, Newark, DE; Staff Nurse, Emergency Department, Virtua Memorial Hospital, Mt. Holly, NJ