Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for Mosby’s Pharmacy Technician (Access Card),4th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Mosby’s Pharmacy Technician, 4th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and summative exams. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system disease, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and summative exams.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter, topic, or concept allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic item options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable summative exam preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
Unit One: Pharmacy Practice 1. History of Medicine and Pharmacy 2. Pharmacy Law, Ethics, and Regulatory Agencies 3. Competencies, Associations, and Settings for Technicians 4. Communication and Role of the Technician with the Customer/Patient NEW! 5. Dosage Forms and Routes of Administration 6. Conversions and Calculations 7. Drug Information References 8. Community Pharmacy Practice 9. Institutional Pharmacy Practice 10. Additional Pharmacy Practice Settings 11. Bulk Repackaging and Non-Sterile Compounding 12. Aseptic Technique and Sterile Compounding 13. Pharmacy Stock and Billing 14. Medication Safety and Error Prevention NEW!
Unit Two: Pharmacology and Medications 15. Therapeutic Agents for the Nervous System 16. Therapeutic Agents for the Endocrine System 17. Therapeutic Agents for the Muscular/Skeletal System 18. Therapeutic Agents for the Cardiovascular System 19. Therapeutic Agents for the Respiratory System 20. Therapeutic Agents for the Gastrointestinal System 21. Therapeutic Agents for the Renal System 22. Therapeutic Agents for the Reproductive System 23. Therapeutic Agents for the Immune System 24. Therapeutic Agents for Eyes, Ears, Nose and Throat 25. Therapeutic Agents for the Dermatologic System 26. Therapeutic Agents for the Hematologic System 27. Over-the-Counter (OTC) Medications 28. Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM)
Appendices A) Review for the PTCB Examination B) Top 200 Prescription Drugs C) Top 30 Herbal Remedies D) Glossary E) Index