Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for Today's Medical Assistant (Access Card), 3rd Edition
Elsevier Adaptive Learning - Access Card
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Today’s Medical Assistant: Clinical and Administrative Procedures, 3rd Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and summative exams. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system disease, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and summative exams.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter, topic, or concept allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic item options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable summative exam preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
SECTION 1: Introduction to Medical Assisting 1. The Health Care System 2. The Professional Medical Assistant 3. Ethics and Law for the Medical Office 4. Interacting with Patients
SECTION 2: Anatomy and Physiology 5. Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology 6. Integumentary System 7. Skeletal System 8. Muscular System 9. Nervous System 10. The Senses 11. Endocrine System 12. Circulatory System 13. Respiratory System 14. Digestive System 15. Urinary System 16. Reproductive System
SECTION 3: Clinical Component (Kathy Bonewit-West) 17. Medical Asepsis and the OSHA Standard 18. Sterilization and Disinfection 19. Vital Signs 20. The Physical Examination 21. Eye and Ear Assessment and Procedures 22. Physical Agents to Promote Tissue Healing 23. The Gynecologic Examination and Prenatal Care 24. The Pediatric Examination 25. Minor Office Surgery 26. Administration of Medication and Intravenous Therapy 27. Cardiopulmonary Procedures 28. Specialty Examinations and Procedures: Colon Procedures, Male Reproductive Health, and Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging 29. Introduction to the Clinical Laboratory 30. Urinalysis 31. Phlebotomy 32. Hematology 33. Blood Chemistry and Immunology 34. Medical Microbiology 35. Nutrition 36. Emergency Preparedness and Protective Practices 37. Emergency Medical Procedures and First Aid
SECTION 4: Administrative Component 38. The Medical Record 39. Patient Reception 40. Medical Office Computerization 41. Telephone Techniques 42. Scheduling Appointments 43. Medical Records Management 44. Written Communications 45. Mail 46. Managing Practice Finances 47. Medical Coding 48. Medical Insurance 49. Billing and Collections 50. The Medical Assistant as Office Manager 51. Obtaining Employment