Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing Essentials of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing (Access Card), 3rd Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Essentials of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing: A Communication Approach to Evidence, 3rd Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and summative exams. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system disease, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and summative exams.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter, topic, or concept allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic item options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable summative exam preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
Unit I: Essential Theoretical Concepts for Practice 1. Practicing the Science and the Art of Psychiatric Nursing 2. Mental Health and Mental Illness 3. Theories and Therapies 4. Biological Basis for Understanding Psychopharmacology 5. Settings for Psychiatric Care 6. Legal and Ethical Basis for Practice
Unit II: Tools for Practice of the Art 7. Nursing Process and QSEN: The Foundation for Safe and Effective Care 8. Skills: Medium for All Nursing Practice 9. Therapeutic Relationships and the Clinical Interview
Unit III: Caring for Patients with Psychobiological Disorders 10. Stress and Stress-Related Disorders 11. Anxiety, Anxiety Disorders, and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders 12. Somatic Symptom Disorders and Related Disorders 13. Personality Disorders 14. Eating Disorders 15. Mood Disorders: Depression 16. Bipolar Spectrum Disorders 17. Schizophrenia Spectrum Disorders and Other Psychotic Disorders 18. Neurocognitive Disorders 19. Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders
Unit IV: Caring for Patients Experiencing Psychiatric Emergencies 20. Crisis and Mass Disaster 21. Child, Partner, and Elder Violence 22. Sexual Violence 23. Suicidal Thoughts and Behaviors 24. Anger, Aggression, and Violence 25. Care for the Dying and Those Who Grieve
Unit V: Age-Related Mental Health Disorders 26. Children and Adolescents 27. Adults 28. Older Adults
Appendixes A. DSM-5 Classification B. NANDA-Approved Nursing Diagnoses
Elizabeth M. Varcarolis, RN, MA, Professor Emeritus, Formerly Deputy Chairperson, Department of Nursing, Borough of Manhattan Community College, New York, NY; Associate Fellow, Albert Ellis Institute for Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy (REBT), New York, NY