Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for Understanding Pathophysiology (Access Card), 6th Edition
Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing - Access Card
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Huether’s Understanding Pathophysiology, 6th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and summative exams. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system disease, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and summative exams.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter, topic, or concept allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic item options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable summative exam preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
Frontmatter Introduction to Pathophysiology
PART ONE: BASIC CONCEPTS OF PATHOPHYSIOLOGY
Unit 1: The Cell 1. Cellular Biology 2. Genes and Genetic Diseases 3. Epigenetics and Disease 4. Altered Cellular and Tissue Biology 5. Fluids and Electrolytes, Acids and Bases
Unit 2: Mechanisms of Self-Defense 6. Innate Immunity: Inflammation and Wound Healing 7. Adaptive Immunity 8. Infection and Defects in Mechanisms of Defense 9. Stress and Disease
Unit 3: Cellular Proliferation: Cancer 10. Biology of Cancer 11. Cancer Epidemiology 12. Cancer in Children and Adolescents
PART TWO: BODY SYSTEMS AND DISEASES
Unit 4: The Neurologic System 13. Structure and Function of the Neurologic System 14. Pain, Temperature, Sleep, and Sensory Function 15. Alterations in Cognitive Systems, Cerebral Hemodynamics and Motor Function 16. Disorders of the Central and Peripheral Nervous Systems and Neuromuscular Junction 17. Alterations of Neurologic Function in Children
Unit 5: The Endocrine System 18. Mechanisms of Hormonal Regulation 19. Alterations of Hormonal Regulation
Unit 6: The Hematologic System 20. Structure and Function of the Hematologic System 21. Alterations in Hematologic Function 22. Alterations of Hematologic Function in Children
Unit 7: The Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems 23. Structure and Function of the Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems 24. Alterations of Cardiovascular Function 25. Alterations of Cardiovascular Function in Children
Unit 8: The Pulmonary System 26. Structure and Function of the Pulmonary System 27. Alterations of Pulmonary Function 28. Alterations of Pulmonary Function in Children
Unit 9: The Renal and Urologic Systems 29. Structure and Function of the Renal and Urologic Systems 30. Alterations of Renal and Urinary Tract Function 31. Alterations of Renal and Urinary Tract Function in Children
Unit 10: The Reproductive Systems 32. Structure and Function of the Reproductive Systems 33. Alterations of the Female Reproductive System 34. Alterations of the Male Reproductive System
Unit 11: The Digestive System 35. Structure and Function of the Digestive System 36. Alterations of Digestive Function 37. Alterations in Digestive Function in Children
Unit 12: The Musculoskeletal and Integumentary Systems 38. Structure and Function of the Musculoskeletal System 39. Alterations of Musculoskeletal Function 40. Alterations of Musculoskeletal Function in Children 41. Structure, Function, and Disorders of the Integument 42. Alterations of the Integument in Children
Glossary Index Appendix: Common Laboratory Values
Sue E. Huether, MS, PhD, Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT and Kathryn L. McCance, MS, PhD, Professor, College of Nursing, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT