Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for Canadian Fundamentals of Nursing (Access Card),5th Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Potter’s Canadian Fundamentals of Nursing, 5th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and summative exams. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system disease, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and summative exams.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter, topic, or concept allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic item options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable summative exam preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
Unit 1: Health and Health Care in Canada 1. Health and Wellness 2. The Canadian Health Care Delivery System 3. The Development of Nursing in Canada 4. Community Health Nursing Practice
Unit 2: Foundations of Nursing Practice 5. Theoretical Foundations of Nursing Practice 6. Research as a Basis for Practice 7. Nursing Values and Ethics 8. Legal Implications in Nursing Practice 9. Global Health, Culture, and Ethnicity 10. Nursing Leadership, Management, and Collaborative Practice
Unit 3: Approaches to Nursing Care 11. Critical Thinking in Nursing Practice 12. Nursing Assessment and Diagnosis 13. Planning and Implementing Nursing Care 14. Evaluation of Nursing Care 15. Documenting and Reporting 16. Nursing Informatics
Unit 4: Working with Clients and Families 17. Communication 18. Caring in Nursing Practice 19. Family Nursing 20. Client Education
Unit 5: Caring Throughout the Lifespan 21. Developmental Theories 22. Conception Through Adolescence 23. Young to Middle Adulthood 24. Older Adulthood
Unit 6: Psychosocial Considerations 25. Self-Concept 26. Sexuality 27. Spiritual Health 28. The Experience of Loss, Death, and Grief 29. Stress and Adaptation
Unit 7: Scientific Basis for Nursing Practice 30. Vital Signs 31. Health Assessment and Physical Examination 32. Infection Control 33. Medication Administration 34. Complementary and Alternative Therapies
Unit 8: Basic Physiological Needs 35. Activity and Exercise 36. Safety 37. Hygiene 38. Cardiopulmonary Functioning and Oxygenation 39. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balances 40. Sleep 41. Pain Assessment and Management 42. Nutrition 43. Urinary Elimination 44. Bowel Elimination
Unit 9: Clients with Special Needs 45. Mobility and Immobility 46. Skin Integrity and Wound Care 47. Sensory Alterations 48. Care of Surgical Clients
Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN, Director of Research, Patient Care Services
St. Louis, MO