Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for Lewis: Medical-Surgical Nursing in Canada (Access Card),3rd Edition
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Lewis: Medical-Surgical Nursing in Canada: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems, 3rd Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and summative exams. Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Unfolding questions become progressively more complex as you advance to higher levels, incorporating concepts such as delegation, multi-system disease, or complicating conditions to help you strengthen your critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills.
- Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and summative exams.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- The engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you’ll be able to navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter, topic, or concept allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic item options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable summative exam preparation.
- The comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data.
Section One – Concepts in Nursing Practice 1. Introduction to Medical-Surgical Nursing Practice in Canada 2. Cultural Competence and Health Equity in Nursing Care 3. Health History and Physical Examination 4. Client and Caregiver Teaching 5. Chronic Illness 6. Community-Based Nursing and Home Care 7. Older Adults 8. Stress and Stress Management 9. Sleep Disorders NEW! 10. Pain 11. Substance Abuse 12. Complementary and Alternative Therapies 13. Palliative Care at the End of Life
Section Two – Pathophysiologic Mechanisms of Disease 14. Inflammation and Wound Healing 15. Genetics 16. Altered Immune Response and Transplantation 17. Infection and Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection 18. Cancer 19. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Imbalances
Section Three – Perioperative Care 20. Nursing Management: Preoperative Care 21. Nursing Management: Intraoperative Care 22. Nursing Management: Postoperative Care Section Four – Problems Related to Altered Sensory Input 23. Nursing Assessment: Visual and Auditory Systems 24. Nursing Management: Visual and Auditory Problems 25. Nursing Assessment: Integumentary System 26. Nursing Management: Integumentary Problems 27. Nursing Management: Burns
Section Five – Problems of Oxygenation: Ventilation 28. Nursing Assessment: Respiratory System 29. Nursing Management: Upper Respiratory Problems 30. Nursing Management: Lower Respiratory Problems 31. Nursing Management: Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases
Section Six – Problems of Oxygenation: Transport 32. Nursing Assessment: Hematologic System 33. Nursing Management: Hematologic Problems
Section Seven – Problems of Oxygenation: Perfusion 34. Nursing Assessment: Cardiovascular System 35. Nursing Management: Hypertension 36. Nursing Management: Coronary Artery Disease and Acute Coronary Syndrome 37. Nursing Management: Heart Failure and Cardiomyopathy 38. Nursing Management: Dysrhythmias 39. Nursing Management: Inflammatory and Structural Heart Diseases 40. Nursing Management: Vascular Disorders
Section Eight – Problems of Ingestion, Digestion, Absorption, and Elimination 41. Nursing Assessment: Gastrointestinal System 42. Nursing Management: Nutritional Problems 43. Nursing Management: Obesity 44. Nursing Management: Upper Gastrointestinal Problems 45. Nursing Management: Lower Gastrointestinal Problems 46. Nursing Management: Liver, Pancreas, and Biliary Tract Problems
Section Nine – Problems of Urinary Function 47. Nursing Assessment: Urinary System 48. Nursing Management: Renal and Urologic Problems 49. Nursing Management: Acute Renal Failure and Chronic Kidney Disease
Section Ten – Problems Related to Regulatory and Reproductive Mechanisms 50. Nursing Assessment: Endocrine System 51. Nursing Management: Endocrine Problems 52. Nursing Management: Diabètes Mellitus 53. Nursing Assessment: Reproductive System 54. Nursing Management: Breast Disorders 55. Nursing Management: Sexually Transmitted Infections 56. Nursing Management: Female Reproductive Problems 57. Nursing Management: Male Reproductive Problems
Section Eleven – Problems Related to Movement and Coordination 58. Nursing Assessment: Nervous System 59. Nursing Management: Acute Intracranial Problems 60. Nursing Management: Stroke 61. Nursing Management: Chronic Neurologic Problems 62. Nursing Management: Delirium, Alzheimer’s Disease, and Other Dementias 63. Nursing Management: Peripheral Nerve and Spinal Cord Problems 64. Nursing Assessment: Musculoskeletal System 65. Nursing Management: Musculoskeletal Trauma and Orthopedic Surgery 66. Nursing Management: Musculoskeletal Problems 67. Nursing Management: Arthritis and Connective Tissue Diseases
Section Twelve – Nursing Care in Specialized Settings 68. Nursing Management: Critical Care Environment 69. Nursing Management: Shock, Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome, and Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome 70. Nursing Management: Respiratory Failure and Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome 71. Nursing Management: Emergency Care Situations 72. Emergency Preparedness and Disaster Management
Appendix A Nursing Diagnoses Appendix B Laboratory Values
Glossary Illustration Credits Index
Sharon L. Lewis, RN, PhD, FAAN, Research Professor, Castella Distinguished Professor, School of Nursing, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, Margaret M. Heitkemper, RN, PhD, FAAN, Professor and Chairperson, Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, Elizabeth Sterling Soule Endowed Chair in Nursing, School of Nursing; Adjunct Professor, Division of Gastroenterology, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, Shannon Ruff Dirksen, RN, PhD, Associate Professor, College of Nursing and Health Innovation, Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ and Elsevier