Workbook for Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2018 Edition - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card),
Practice your coding skills with this practical workbook! Corresponding to the chapters in Carol J. Buck's bestselling Step-by-Step Medical Coding, this workbook offers coding review and practice with more than 1,200 theory, practical, and reporting questions (odd-numbered answers provided in appendix), including 100 original source documents to familiarize you with reports similar to those you will encounter on the job. It’s a complete review of all the code sets covered in the text!
- UNIQUE! 100 real-world coding reports (cleared of all confidential information), provide experience with reports similar to those you will encounter in practice.
- Theory exercises include fill-in-the-blank, multiple choice, and true or false questions.
- Practical exercises offer additional practice with line coding.
- Coding answer format mirrors the main text (including "multiple codes needed" icons)
- Answers to only the odd numbered questions are available in Appendix B to check your accuracy.
- NEW! Updated content includes the latest coding information available.
1. Reimbursement, HIPAA, and Compliance 2. An Overview of ICD-10-CM 3. ICD-10-CM Outpatient Coding and Reporting Guidelines 4. Using ICD-10-CM 5. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 1-10) 6. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 11-14) 7. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 15-21) 8. Introduction to CPT 9. Introduction to the Level II National Codes (HCPCS) 10. Modifiers 11. Evaluation and Management (E/M) Services 12. Anesthesia 13. Surgery Guidelines and General Surgery 14. Integumentary System 15. Musculoskeletal System 16. Respiratory System 17. Cardiovascular System 18. Hemic, Lymphatic, Mediastinum, and Diaphragm 19. Digestive System 20. Urinary and Male Genital Systems 21. Reproductive, Intersex Surgery, Female Genital System, Maternity Care and Delivery 22. Endocrine and Nervous Systems 23. Eye, Ocular Adnexa, Auditory, and Operating Microscope 24. Radiology 25. Pathology/Laboratory 26. Medicine 27. Inpatient Coding
Appendix A: Reports Appendix B: Answers to Odd-Numbered Workbook Questions
Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN