Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing for Fundamental Concepts and Skills for Nursing (Access Card), 5th Edition
Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing - Access Card
Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to Fundamental Concepts and Skills for Nursing, 5th Edition, Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing (EAQ) is the fun and engaging way to focus your study time and effectively prepare for class, course exams, and summative exams. EAQ is comprised of a bank of high-quality practice questions that allows you to advance at your own pace — based on your performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter. A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your progress and stay motivated.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- UNIQUE! Elsevier’s trusted, market-leading content serves as the foundation for all questions, which are written, reviewed, and leveled by experienced educators, item writers, and authors.
- UNIQUE! Essential test-taking tips and strategies help you learn how to successfully dissect and tackle different question types and improve test-taking skills for both course exams and summative exams.
- Confidence level indicators allow you to indicate your confidence when submitting answers, providing valuable insight into areas where you might be overconfident and require further study.
- UNIQUE! Practice in Study Mode, which provides immediate feedback, or in Exam Mode where the quiz is timed and results are summarized at the end.
- UNIQUE! In addition to detailed rationales for each question, select questions include interactive, multimedia resources such as illustrations, animations, videos, audio clips, summary tables, and study tips to help you master challenging material.
- Engaging, easy-to-use interface ensures that you can navigate through the program with ease.
- Multiple mastery levels for each chapter allow you to progress from one level to the next based on your performance.
- Alternate item format questions — including multiple-response, fill-in-the-blank, prioritizing, graphic options, chart/exhibit, video, audio, and hot spot — provide valuable summative exam preparation.
- A comprehensive dashboard allows you to view your personal learning progress with summaries of your strengths, weaknesses, mastery levels, and normative data
Unit I: Introduction to Nursing and the Health Care System 1. Nursing and the Health Care System 2. Concepts of Health, Illness, Stress, and Health Promotion 3. Legal and Ethical Aspects of Nursing
Unit II: The Nursing Process 4. The Nursing Process and Critical Thinking 5. Assessment, Nursing Diagnosis, and Planning 6. Implementation and Evaluation
Unit III: Communication in Nursing 7. Documentation of Nursing Care 8. Communication and the Nurse-Patient Relationship 9. Patient Education and Health Promotion 10. Delegation, Leadership, and Management
Unit IV: Developmental, Psychosocial, and Cultural Considerations 11. Growth and Development: Infancy Through Adolescence 12. Adulthood and the Family 13. Promoting Healthy Adaptation to Aging 14. Cultural and Spiritual Aspects of Patient Care 15. Loss, Grief, and End-of-Life Care
Unit V: Basic Nursing Skills 16. Infection Prevention and Control: Protective Mechanisms and Asepsis 17. Infection Prevention and Control in the Hospital and Home 18. Safe Lifting, Moving, and Positioning of Patients 19. Assisting with Hygiene, Personal Care, Skin Care, and the Prevention of Pressure Ulcers 20. Patient Environment and Safety 21. Measuring Vital Signs 22. Assessing Health Status 23. Admitting, Transferring, and Discharging Patients 24. Diagnostic Tests and Specimen Collection
Unit VI: Meeting Basic Physiologic Needs 25. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance 26. Concepts of Basic Nutrition and Cultural Considerations 27. Nutritional Therapy and Assisted Feeding 28. Assisting with Respiration and Oxygen Delivery 29. Promoting Urinary Elimination 30. Promoting Bowel Elimination 31. Pain, Comfort, and Sleep 32. Complementary and Alternative Therapies
Unit VII: Medication Administration 33. Pharmacology and Preparation for Drug Administration 34. Administering Oral, Topical, and Inhalant Medications 35. Administering Intradermal, Subcutaneous, and Intramuscular Injections 36. Administering Intravenous Solutions and Medications
Unit VIII: Care of the Surgical and Immobile Patient 37. Care of the Surgical Patient 38. Providing Wound Care and Treating Pressure Ulcers 39. Promoting Musculoskeletal Function
Unit IX: Caring for the Elderly 40. Common Physical Care Problems of the Older Adult 41. Common Psychosocial Care Problems of Older Adults
Appendix A: Standard Steps for All Nursing Procedures Appendix B: NFLPN Nursing Practice Standards for the Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Appendix C: ANA Code of Ethics Appendix D: Standard Precautions Appendix E: Common Laboratory Test Values Appendix F: NANDA-I Approved Nursing Diagnoses 2015-2017 Reader References Glossary
Patricia A. Williams, RN, MSN, CCRN, Formerly, Nursing Educator
University of California Medical Center
San Francisco, California;
Alumnus, iSAGE Mini Fellowship Program
Successful Aging Project
Stanford University Medical School
Stanford, California, Susan C. deWit, MSN, RN, CNS, PHN, Formerly, Instructor of Nursing, El Centro College, Dallas, TX; and Allan Hancock College, Santa Maria, CA and Elsevier