Small Animal Medical Differential Diagnosis Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 3rd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Get instant access to the critical data you need to make accurate diagnoses and effectively plan treatment. Small Animal Medical Differential Diagnosis, 3rd Edition combines over 400 expert resources and boils them down into one easy-to-use reference covering the differential diagnosis, etiology, clinical signs, and relevant laboratory abnormalities of the most common conditions you will encounter in dogs and cats. And because of its pocket size and intuitive organization, you can have it on hand as a quick consultative device throughout the day to make reliable on-the-scene decisions.
- More than 400 lists bring the most important medical diagnostic information from multiple resources into a single quick reference.
- Easy identification of the likeliest diagnosis is attributed by the possibilities being listed in order of incidence.
- Intuitive organization presents differential diagnosis by sign, symptom, and disorder to facilitate quick access to information.
- Alphabetical listing of all relevant laboratory tests makes information easy to find.
- Pocket size makes this guide portable, practical, and simple to use.
- NEW! Coverage of FAST ultrasound examinations is found in the section on Focused Assessment with Sonography for Trauma, Triage, and Tracking.
- NEW! Overall content update includes substantial revisions to the disorders, syndromes, and diagnostic and laboratory tests that are listed in this guide.
Part One – Clinical Signs Approach to Differential Diagnosis
Part Two – Systemic Approach to Differential Diagnosis
Section 1 – Cardiopulmonary Disorders
Section 2 – Dermatologic Disorders
Section 3 – Endocrinologic and Metabolic Disorders
Section 4 – Gastroenterologic Disorders
Section 5 – Hematologic Disorders
Section 6 – Immunologic and Immune-Mediated Disorders
Section 7 – Infectious Disease
Section 8 – Joint and Bone Disorders
Section 9 – Liver and Exocrine Pancreatic Disorders
Section 10 – Neoplasia
Section 11 – Neurologic and Neuromuscular Disorders
Section 12 – Ocular Disorders
Section 13 – Toxicology
Section 14 – Urogenital Disorder
Section 15 – Pain Diagnosis
Part Three – Laboratory Values and Interpretation of Results
Mark Thompson, DVM, DABVP(Canine and Feline), Brevard Animal Hospital, Brevard, NC, USA