Anatomy of Orofacial Structures - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 8th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Anatomy of Orofacial Structures: A Comprehensive Approach, 8th Edition, gives you a clear understanding of oral histology and embryology, dental anatomy, and head and neck anatomy – all in a single resource. With new clinical content, a new chapter on the anatomy of local anesthesia, and an outstanding new full-color art program, this new edition is perfect for anyone studying to be a Dental Assistant or a Dental Hygienist. In addition, it offers the benefits of a combined text and student workbook, with review questions and unit tests, as well as detachable flashcards for on-the-go study – making this one product a complete learning package.
- Comprehensive coverage of all areas of dental sciences includes oral histology and embryology, dental anatomy, and head and neck anatomy.
- Updated, detailed anatomical illustrations support the material, including labeled line drawings, radiographs, and clinical photographs.
- Text/Workbook format includes a perforated workbook section with chapter-by-chapter questions.
- Removable flashcards feature an image of a tooth on one side and that tooth’s identifying/important information on the other side, providing an easy and effective study tool.
- NEW! Chapter on the anatomy of local anesthesia details application techniques.
- NEW! Updated clinical content throughout focuses on evidence-based practice.
- NEW! Full-color program features modern illustrations, histographs, micrographs, and clinical images.
- NEW! Updated test bank with cognitive question leveling and mapping to Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) exam and National Board Dental Hygiene Examination (NBDHE) blueprints.
UNIT I: INTRODUCTION 1. Oral Cavity
Unit I Test Unit I Suggested Readings
UNIT II: DENTAL ANATOMY 2. The Tooth Functions 3. Fundamental and Preventative Curvatures 4. Dentition 5. Development, Form, and Eruption 6. Occlusion 7. Dental Anomalies 8. Supporting Structures 9. Clinical Considerations 10. Tooth Identification 11. Root Morphology 12. Incisors 13. Canines 14. Premolars 15. Molars 16. Deciduous Dentition
Unit II Test Unit II Suggested Readings
UNIT III: ORAL HISTOLOGY AND EMBRYOLOGY 17. Basic Tissues 18. Development of Orofacial Complex 19. Dental Lamina and Enamel Organ 20. Enamel, Dentin, and Pulp 21. Root Formation and Attachment Apparatus 22. Eruption and Shedding of Teeth 23. Oral Mucous Membrane 24. The Tongue 25. Histology of the Salivary Glands
Unit III Test Unit III Suggested Readings
UNIT IV: HEAD AND NECK ANATOMY 26. Osteology of the Skull 27. Nose, Nasal Cavity, and Paranasal Sinuses 28. Muscles of Mastication, Hyoid Muscles, and Sternocleidomastoid and Trapezius Muscles 29. Temporomandibular Joint 30. Muscles of Facial Expression 31. Soft Palate and Pharynx 32. Arterial Supply and Venous Drainage 33. Salivary Glands 34. Nervous System 35. Lymphatics and Spread of Dental Infection 36. NEW! Anatomical Considerations in Local Anesthesia Administration
Unit IV Test Unit IV Suggested Readings
Appendix Glossary Index Workbook Questions Flashcards
Richard W Brand, DDS, MS, Professor Emeritus, Washington University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, MO and Donald E Isselhard, BS, DDS, FAGD, MAGD, MBA