HIPAA Online, 4th Edition
Ensure you are up to date on the latest HIPAA protocols and related issues with HIPAA Online, 4th Edition. This concise online course features three interactive and easy-to-understand lessons that explain core principles for HIPAA compliance in simple, straightforward terms. The fourth edition has been redesigned to meet 508 ADA compliance standards and includes the most updated content in the areas of HIPAA legislation; HIPAA security and management; ways to combat waste, fraud and abuse; HITECH; rights to access; release of medical records; handling patient complaints; privacy breach and enforcement action; risk reduction; OCR investigations; resources for Office of Civil Rights; Business Associate Agreement; best practices; and more. Each lesson is accompanied by an array of learning activities and quizzes that reinforce your understanding and certify your knowledge. Upon completion of the course you may print a certificate of completion to add to your portfolio for current or potential employers.
Duration for access to this product is for the life of the edition.
- Overviews of HIPAA protocols for various health professions help you zero in on which protocols will be essential to your line of work.
- Printable certificate of completion can be utilized in your portfolio to show potential employers.
- Easy-to-use lesson modules feature lessons that are segmented by digestible chunks of information to help you learn the material at a measured pace.
- Interactive case studies make difficult material more engaging and accessible.
- What Have You Learned? quizzes at the end of each lesson assess your understanding while identifying areas that need further review.
- Hyperlinked terms connect directly to definitions for fast, easy reference.
- NEW! Updated content reflects the most recent HIPAA updates, including: HIPAA legislation; HIPAA security and management; ways to combat waste, fraud and abuse; HITECH; rights to access; release of medical records, handling patient complaints; privacy breach and enforcement action; risk reduction; OCR investigations; resources for Office of Civil Rights; Business Associate Agreement; and best practices.
- NEW! Redesigned course meets 508 ADA compliance standards.
Module 1: Introduction to HIPAA The History of HIPAA The Privacy Rule and Standards HIPAA Documentation Policies and Procedures
Module 2: Practicalities of HIPAA Risk Reduction Expecting the Unexpected HIPAA Resources
Module 3: Application of HIPAA The Complaint Process Compliance and Enforcement Activities
Exam Certificate of Completion