Saunders Guide to Success in Nursing School, 2018-2019 Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 14th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
It’s an all-in-one student planner and clinical reference! Saunders Guide to Success in Nursing School, 2018-2019: A Student Planner is much more than a study calendar. It’s loaded with organizational tools, time management and study tips, need-to-know clinical guidelines, and more — all in one place. Information is designed specifically for nurses, and in fact, it’s the only nursing planner that includes a handy clinical reference. Written by nurse educator Holly Stromberg (replacing former series author Susan deWit), this compact guide helps busy nursing students manage their time and perform to their full potential both in the classroom and during clinical rotations.
- NEW! Weekly, monthly, and yearly calendars show dates from May 2018 through December 2019, making it easy to organize your schedule at school and at home.
- Student-friendly features help you survive nursing school with time management and study tips, NCLEX® exam strategies, and techniques for stress reduction.
- Getting the Most from the Clinical Experience chapter covers important topics such as patient safety, documentation, and communication with patients and colleagues.
- Clinical Quick Reference chapter provides easy access to normal vital signs, measurements, conversions, and other topics including:
- Common lab test values
- Commonly used abbreviations, symbols, and notations
- Pain assessment tools
- Prevention of medication errors
- Table of IV fluids and IV therapy guidelines
- Perioperative care and Joint Commission safety guidelines for surgery
- HIPAA requirements for confidentiality
- MyPlate dietary guidelines
- Compact size makes it easy to carry the book to class and to clinical rotations.
- Coverage of electronic devices and social media offers cautions about the hazards and pitfalls of using phones and social media while in nursing school and on the job.
- NEW! Weekly, monthly, and yearly calendars show dates from May 2018 through December 2019, making it easy for students to organize their schedules at school and at home.
1. Success in Nursing School
2. Getting the Most from the Clinical Experience
3. Dealing with Stress
4. Continuing Your Education
5. Clinical Quick Reference
6. Online Resources
Holly K. Stromberg, RN, BSN, MSN, PHN, Alumnus CCRN, Professor Emeritus of Nursing, Allan Hancock College, Clinical Educator, Marian Regional Medical Center, Santa Maria, California