Mosby's Pharmacy Technician - Pageburst eBook on VitalSource, 5th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Everything you need to prepare for a successful career as a Pharmacy Technician in one easy-to-read textbook! Useful from Day 1 through graduation, Mosby's Pharmacy Technician: Principles and Practice, 5th Edition includes all the information on pharmacy practice, anatomy and physiology, math calculation, and pharmacology to support you through your studies. Built from the ground up to map directly to the American Society for Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) curriculum and to the accepted certification exams, this approachable text includes expanded information on drug classifications, sterile processing, insurance, and pharmacy operations management. It also features an expanded art program with equipment close-ups, clinical procedures and processes, and body system illustrations to bring the content to life and support comprehension of the material. With its clear writing, expert insight, and engaging study tools, you will be able to develop a better understanding of the complex pharmaceutical content you need to pass the board examination and launch a successful and rewarding career in Pharmacy.
- Comprehensive coverage of pharmacy practice, A&P, and pharmacology to support classroom success and board exam preparation.
- Step-by-step illustrated procedures with rationales for steps for key skills and competencies.
- Study practice, including review questions at the end of each chapter, exam-review appendix with sample questions, and review questions online.
- Emphasis on real-world problem-solving with Technician Scenarios and Technician Scenario Check-up boxes.
- Mini drug monographs with drug information summaries and photos for commonly prescribed medications.
- Tech Notes and Tech Alerts with practical tips for on-the-job accuracy and efficiency.
- NEW! Chapters on drug classifications and pharmacy operations management.
- NEW! Expansion of aseptic technique and sterile compounding.
- NEW! Expanded and re-envisioned art program with more photos on pharmacy practice and procedures and detailed illustrations to support body-system pharmacology content.
- NEW! Additional emphasis on soft skills threaded throughout the pharmacy practice unit.
- NEW! Added procedures throughout pharmacy practice chapters.
Unit One: Pharmacy Practice 1. History of Medicine and Pharmacy 2. Pharmacy Law, Ethics, and Regulatory Agencies 3. Competencies, Associations, and Settings for Technicians 4. Communication and Role of the Technician with the Customer/Patient 5. Dosage Forms and Routes of Administration 6. Conversions and Calculations 7. Drug Information References 8. Community Pharmacy Practice 9. Institutional Pharmacy Practice 10. Additional Pharmacy Practice Settings 11. Bulk Repackaging and Non-Sterile Compounding 12. Aseptic Technique and Sterile Compounding 13. Pharmacy Billing and Inventory Management 14. Medication Safety and Error Prevention 15. NEW! Pharmacy Operations Management
Unit Two: Pharmacology and Medications 16. NEW! Drug Classifications 17. Therapeutic Agents for the Nervous System 18. Therapeutic Agents for the Endocrine System 19. Therapeutic Agents for the Musculoskeletal System 20. Therapeutic Agents for the Cardiovascular System 21. Therapeutic Agents for the Respiratory System 22. Therapeutic Agents for the Gastrointestinal System 23. Therapeutic Agents for the Renal System 24. Therapeutic Agents for the Reproductive System 25. Therapeutic Agents for the Immune System 26. Therapeutic Agents for Eyes, Ears, Nose and Throat 27. Therapeutic Agents for the Dermatologic System 28. Therapeutic Agents for the Hematologic System 29. Over-the-Counter (OTC) Medications 30. Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM)
Appendix A: Top 200 Prescription Drugs Appendix B: Top 30 Herbal Remedies
Elsevier, Karen Davis, AAHCA, BS, CPhT, Instructor, Pharmacy Technician Program, Penn Foster Career College, Scranton, Pennsylvania; President and Owner, Accreditation Alliance Consulting Services, Society for the Education of Pharmacy Technicians (SEPhT), Lyons, Georgia and Anthony Guerra, PharmD, RPh, Chair, Instructor, Pharmacy Technician Program, Des Moines Area Community College, Ankeny, Iowa