Fordney’s Medical Insurance - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 15th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Get the hands-on practice you need to succeed as an insurance billing specialist! Corresponding to the chapters in Fordney’s Medical Insurance and Billing, 15th Edition, Medical Insurance Online provides convenient review and practice in key areas such as diagnostic coding, procedural coding, paper and electronic claims, Medicare, HIPAA, and bill collection strategies. Exercises and activities let you apply insurance concepts to common billing and coding tasks. With 20 learning modules, MIO ensures that you will make an easier transition from the classroom to the workplace.
- Interactive exercises and activities provide frequent opportunities to recall and recognize medical insurance concepts.
- Gradable quizzes and exams provide you with proof of mastery and highlight areas which may require further study.
- Claims processing activities help you understand how crucial completing a clean claim form is for both the patient and the medical office.
- Reading references connect this online course with the Fordney’s Medical Insurance and Billing textbook, providing practice with applying the book’s concepts.
- NEW! Thorough module updates reflect the latest information in claim submission methods, challenges with Medicare, and diagnostic coding.
- NEW! Ambulatory Surgical Center billing module is included.
- NEW! Gradable case studies connect the text’s concepts to real-world scenarios.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of ICD-10 coding, and EHR and electronic claim forms is included.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of inpatient insurance billing is included.
- NEW! Designed to meet all Level A and AA checkpoints of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0.
Unit One: Career Role and Responsibilities
1. Role of an Insurance Billing Specialist
2. Privacy, Security and HIPAA
3. Compliance, Fraud and Abuse
Unit Two: Introduction to the Revenue Cycle Process
4. Basics of Health Insurance
5. The Blue Plans, Private Insurance, and Managed Care Plans
7. Medicaid and other State Programs
8. Tricare and Veterans’ Health Care
9. Workers’ Compensation
10. Disability Income Insurance and Disability Benefit Programs
Unit Three: Documentation and Coding
11. Medical Documentation and the Electronic Health Record
12. Diagnostic Coding
13. Procedural Coding
Unit Four: Claims Submission in The Medical Office
14. The Paper Claim CMS-1500
15. The Electronic Claim
Unit Five: The Claim Follow Up and Payment Process
16. Receiving Payments and Insurance Problem Solving
17. Office and Insurance Collection Strategies
Unit Six: Healthcare Facility Billing
18. Ambulatory Surgical Center
19. Hospital Outpatient and Inpatient Billing
Unit Seven: Employment
20. Seeking a Job and Attaining Professional Advancement
Linda Smith, CPC, CPC-1, CEMC, PCS, CMBS, Consultant/Educator, MedOffice Resources, Greene, New York.