Workbook for Rau's Respiratory Care Pharmacology Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 10th Edition
Take an easier path to respiratory pharmacology mastery. Workbook for Rau's Respiratory Care Pharmacology, 10th Edition features a variety of engaging learning exercises for each of the 23 chapters in the core text. Examples include NBRC-type questions, critical thinking exercises, case studies, definitions, and appropriate content review to further your understanding of challenging pharmacology principles, develop your critical-thinking skills, and prepare you for success on the NBRC exam. Thoroughly revised by clinical educator Sandra Hinski, the Rau’s workbook is part of the complete learning package for your continued success!
- Answer references back to the main text help you to easily review your areas of weakness.
- UPDATED Case studies and critical thinking questions promotes the application of clinical skills.
- Incorporation of key illustrations from the text provides a visual review to enhance your study of important concepts.
- Variety of helpful pharmacology exercises reinforce key terms and definitions.
- NEW! Content and learning objectives correlate with Rau’s Respiratory Care Pharmacology, 10th Edition, creating a seamless transition when moving between the two books.
Unit I: Basic Concepts and Principles in Pharmacology 1. Introduction to Respiratory Care Pharmacology 2. Principles of Drug Action 3. Administration of Aerosolized Agents 4. Calculating Drug Doses 5. The Central and Peripheral Nervous Systems
Unit II: Drugs Used to Treat the Respiratory System 6. Adrenergic (Sympathomimetic) Bronchodilators 7. Anticholinergic (Parasympatholytic) Bronchodilators 8. Xanthines 9. Mucus-Controlling Drug Therapy 10. Surfactant Agents 11. Corticosteriods in Respiratory Care 12. Nonsteroidal Antiasthma Agents 13. Aerosolized Antiinfective Agents 14. Antimicrobial Agents 15. Cold and Cough Agents 16. Selected Agents of Pulmonary Value 17. Neonatal and Pediatric Aerosolized Drug Therapy
Unit III: Critical Care, Cardiovascular, and Polysomnography Agents 18. Skeletal Muscle Relaxants (Neuromuscular Blocking Agents) 19. Diuretic Agents 20. Drugs Affecting the Central Nervous System 21. Vasopressors, Inotropes, and Antiarrythmic Agents 22. Drugs Affecting Circulation: Antihypertensives, Antianginals, Antithrombotics 23. Sleep and Sleep Pharmacology
Douglas S. Gardenhire, EdD, RRT-NPS, FAARC, Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA and Sandra T Hinski, MS, RRT-NPS, Faculty
Respiratory Care Division
Gateway Community College