Sonography Principles and Instruments, 10th Edition
Enhance your imaging skills with the latest sonographic technologies and prepare for the ARDMS SPI certification exam! Sonography: Principles and Instruments, 10th Edition explains how diagnostic ultrasound works and covers the essentials of ultrasound physics and instrumentation, including Doppler imaging, artifacts, safety, and quality assurance. More than 1,300 illustrations include ultrasound scans, helping to demonstrate imaging anatomy, motion, and flow. In simplifying complicated concepts, Dr. Kremkau succeeds where other texts do not. With the right blend of imaging fundamentals, current techniques, and exam practice questions, this book is ideal for both students and experienced practitioners.
- Emphasis on the fundamentals of physics and sonography prepares you for the ARDMS SPI (Sonography Principles & Instrumentation) certification exam.
- Coverage of current technology includes the progress made with contrast agents and 3D, along with the more general aspects of transducers and instruments.
- Straightforward explanations simplify complicated concepts.
- Over 120 ultrasound scans with a full-color design represent what you will encounter in the clinical setting.
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter give you a measurable outcome to achieve.
- Key terms are listed at the beginning of each chapter and bolded in the text for fast and convenient lookup.
- Key Points are marked with an icon and special type, highlighting the most important information to help you study more efficiently.
- Bulleted review at the end of each chapter identifies key concepts.
- End-of-chapter exercises test your knowledge and understanding with a blend of multiple-choice, matching, and true/false questions.
- Glossary at the end of the book serves as a quick reference to key terms, letting you look up definitions without having to search through each chapter.
- Appendices offer convenient access to a list of symbols and equations, plus a mathematics review.
- Student resources on the Evolve companion website enhance learning with videos, a physics review, an image collection, and advanced concepts.
Frederick W. Kremkau, PhD, FACR, FAIMBE, FAIUM, FASA, Professor, Radiologic Sciences and Director, Program for Medical Ultrasound, Center for Applied Learnng, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC