Moderate Procedural Sedation and Analgesia - Elsevier eBook on Vitalsource (Retail Access Card), 1st Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
- New clinically focused text ensures clinicians involved in the administration and management of patients receiving moderate sedation have access to the most up-to-date information.
- Strong safety focus throughout the book explains how technology and clinician practice can improve sedation administration.
- Chapters organized in clinical problem/question plus answer format help you easily comprehend material.
- Follows the latest TJC Sedation/Anesthesia Guidelines ensuring you are ready for medication administration in clinical practice.
- Pediatrics and Geriatrics chapters cover specific sedation practice recommendations that address the substantive clinical practice challenges associated with these patient populations.
- Pharmacologic profiles of medications detail their use in the moderate sedation practice setting.
1. Scope of Practice and Legal and Regulatory Considerations for the Sedation Provider 2. Presedation Assessment and Patient Selection 3. Basic Pharmacologic Concepts for Sedation Clinical Practice 4. Pharmacology of Moderate Procedural Sedation and Analgesic Agents & Techniques of Administration 5. Sedation-Analgesia Pharmacologic Profile 6. The Effects of Hypnotic Suggestions in Sedation and Anesthesia 7. Airway Management Strategies for the Sedation Provider 8. Sedation Monitoring Modalities 9. Intravenous Insertion Techniques and Procedural Fluid Selection 10. Sedation Considerations for the Geriatric Patient 11. Sedation Considerations for the Pediatric Patient 12. Postsedation Patient Care 13. Simulation Strategies to Advance Patient Safety in the Sedation Setting: Risk Management Strategies 14. Care of the Moderate Procedural Sedation and Analgesia Patient: Unfolding Clinical Case Study
Michael Kost, DNP, CRNA, CHSE, Director, Healthcare Simulation, Einstein Healthcare Network, Philadelphia, PA; Director, Frank J. Tornetta School of Anesthesia at Einstein Medical Center Montgomery, Norristown, PA; Associate Clinical Professor, La Salle University School of Nursing, Philadelphia, PA