Buck's Simulated Medical Coding Internship 2019/2020 Edition
Get the coding practice you need to hit the ground running in your first job! Developed by Elsevier, Buck’s Simulated Medical, 2019/2020 Edition Coding Internship prepares you to code accurately and efficiently in a professional setting. More than 600 cases in 18 medical specialties provide a realistic simulation of the workload in a multi-specialty medical clinic. This simulated coding internship complements and provides application for what you are learning in Buck’s Step-by-Step Medical Coding and Buck’s The Next Step: Advanced Medical Coding and Auditing. Best of all, you can now SAVE a portfolio of the coding cases you’ve completed to prove your proficiency to potential employers!
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Approximately 34 reports in each module — for a total of 615 reports — cover the types of coding seen in a multi-specialty medical practice.
- Trial and practice exams in each module help you track your comprehension and progress.
- Answers and rationales help you understand the reasoning behind the proper coding sequence.
- Course flexibility allows you to complete modules and reports in any order, though moving through the modules in order is recommended.
- Online format lets you view reports, make highlights, and submit all codes electronically.
- E/M Lecture Hall on the Evolve companion website provides additional learning and practice with Evaluation and Management coding.
- Lock Computer feature enables you to keep patient information private while away from your desk.
- UPDATED content includes the latest coding information available, including 2019 and 2020 code updates when released.
- NEW! You can now SAVE reports to help compile a custom portfolio of results to demonstrate proficiency to prospective employers.
Module 1: Evaluation and Management
Module 2: Anesthesia
Module 3: Cardiology
Module 4: Integumentary
Module 5: Emergency Medicine
Module 6: Medicine
Module 7: Gastroenterology
Module 8: Pulmonary
Module 9: Neurology and Ophthalmology
Module 10: OB/GYN
Module 11: Orthopedics
Module 12: Otorhinolaryngology
Module 13: Pathology
Module 14: Pediatrics, Neonatology, and Adolescent Medicine
Module 15: Diagnostic Radiology
Module 16: Interventional Radiology and Radiation Oncology
Module 17: Urology
Module 18: General Surgery