Buck's Medical Coding Online for Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2019 Edition,
Give your students the flexibility to learn and practice medical coding anytime, anywhere with Buck’s Medical Coding Online for Step-by-Step Medical Coding! Whether used to supplement Buck’s Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2019 Edition in a traditional classroom setting or as a lecture and self-study aid in a faculty-facilitated distance learning course, this dynamic online course is a necessary component in helping your students master ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS coding. Concise interactive lessons promote additional learning with animations, figures, narrated slide shows, case-based exercises, pop-up definitions, and professional insights, while built-in assessment tools such as automatically scored exams help instructors easily measure student progress, It’s the turnkey instructional tool you need to ensure your students can accurately code in today’s fast-paced healthcare environment.
- Interactive review exercises in each chapter include case-based coding activities, matching, fill-in-the-blank, multiple-choice, and true/false questions.
- Over 125 illustrations — help you understand the types of medical conditions and procedures being coded, along with examples taken directly from Elsevier's professional ICD-10 and HCPCS manuals.
- Automatically scored exams measure your progress and report directly to your instructor.
- UNIQUE! Real-world coding reports (cleared of all confidential information) simulate the reports you will encounter as a coder and help you apply coding principles to actual cases.
- Hyperlinks connect you to related websites and other Elsevier resources for enhanced learning.
- Definitions for 650 terms may be accessed with a single click, through links to the glossary.
- From the Trenches boxes offer valuable tips and helpful advice for working in today’s medical coding field.
- NEW! Updated content includes the latest coding information available to reinforce accurate coding and success on the job.
- NEW! Additional animations to improve your understanding of important coding concepts.
1.Reimbursement, HIPAA, and Compliance
2.An Overview of ICD-10-CM
3.ICD-10-CM Outpatient Coding and Reporting Guidelines
5.Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 1-10)
6.Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 11-14)
7.Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 15-21)
8.Introduction to CPT
9.Introduction to the Level II National Codes (HCPCS)
11.Evaluation and Management (E/M) Services
13.Surgery Guidelines and General Surgery
18.Hemic, Lymphatic, Mediastinum, and Diaphragm
20.Urinary and Male Genital Systems
21.Reproductive, Intersex Surgery, Female Genital System, Maternity Care and Delivery
22.Endocrine and Nervous Systems
23.Eye, Ocular Adnexa, Auditory, and Operating Microscope
Online Course Updates
This product is available in the following formats: