Buck's Medical Coding Online for Step-by-Step Medical Coding, 2020 Edition (Access Card)
Online Course - Access Card
Learn medical coding anytime, anywhere with Buck’s Medical Coding Online for Step-by-Step Medical Coding! Reinforcing concepts from the book, this dynamic online course offers convenient self-study and coding practice, including the latest coverage of medical insurance and billing, reimbursement, ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS, and inpatient coding. Interactive lessons make learning easier with animations, case-based exercises, narrated slide shows, pop-up definitions, and professional insights. It’s the engaging review and hands-on practice you need to build coding skills for the real world!
Duration for access to this product is for the life of the edition.
- Interactive review exercises in each chapter include case-based coding activities, matching, fill-in-the-blank, multiple-choice, and true/false questions.
- UNIQUE! Real-world coding reports (cleared of all confidential information) simulate the reports students will encounter as coders and help them apply coding principles to actual cases.
- Over 125 illustrations help students understand the types of medical conditions and procedures being coded, along with examples taken directly from Elsevier's professional ICD-10 and HCPCS manuals.
- Automatically scored exams measure student progress, with results reported directly to instructors.
- Definitions for 650 terms may be accessed with a single click, through links to the glossary.
- Hyperlinks connect students to related websites and other Elsevier resources for enhanced learning.
- From the Trenches boxes offer valuable tips and helpful advice for working in today’s medical coding field.
- NEW! Additional animations improve student understanding of important coding concepts.
- NEW! Coding updates include the latest information available, promoting accurate coding and success on the job.
1. Reimbursement, HIPAA, and Compliance
2. An Overview of ICD-10-CM
3. ICD-10-CM Outpatient Coding and Reporting Guidelines
4. Using ICD-10-CM
5. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 1-10)
6. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 11-14)
7. Chapter-Specific Guidelines (ICD-10-CM Chapters 15-21)
8. Introduction to CPT
9. Introduction to the Level II National Codes (HCPCS)
11. Evaluation and Management (E/M) Services
13. Surgery Guidelines and General Surgery
14. Integumentary System
15. Musculoskeletal System
16. Respiratory System
17. Cardiovascular System
18. Hemic, Lymphatic, Mediastinum, and Diaphragm
19. Digestive System
20. Urinary and Male Genital Systems
21. Reproductive, Intersex Surgery, Female Genital System, Maternity Care and Delivery
22. Endocrine and Nervous Systems
23. Eye, Ocular Adnexa, Auditory, and Operating Microscope
27. Inpatient Coding
Online Course Updates