Cardiac Catheterization Handbook Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 6th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
- Straightforward, easy-to-understand approach and pocket-sized format are ideal for reference on the go.
- Covers vascular closure devices, radial artery catheterization, congenital heart disease, and drug-coated, carotid, and renal stenting.
- Focused update covers treatment protocols for every procedure you'll encounter, as well as the latest knowledge and clinical trials regarding recent scientific breakthroughs.
- Highlights the newest catheterization techniques, including new-generation stents, guidance devices, and closure devices, to ensure you're completely up to date.
- Discusses the management of common patient problems, focusing on cautions and outcomes to help you make informed decisions.
- Includes discussions on structural heart disease and new developments in heart valve disease.
- Brand-new illustrations – 40 in total – enhance your visual understanding of the material.
- Detailed videos of Dr. Kern demonstrating various procedures in the cath lab are linked within the chapters on Expert Consult, which will be regularly updated as new videos are created.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, videos, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
1. The Catheterization Laboratory
2. Arterial and Vascular Access
3. Coronary Angiography and Ventriculography
4. Hemodynamic Data
5. Peripheral Artery Disease and Angiography
6. The Electrophysiology Laboratory and Electrophysiologic Procedures
7. Special Techniques
8. High-Risk Cardiac Catheterization
9. Research Techniques
10. Interventional Cardiology Procedures
11. Optimization of Clinical Outcomes and Quality in the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory
Morton J. Kern, MD, MSCAI, FAHA, FACC, Professor of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, Orange, California; Chief of Medicine, Long Beach Veterans Health Care System, Long Beach, California, Paul Sorajja, MD, FACC, FAHA, FSCAI, Director, Center for Valve and Structural Heart Disease, Minneapolis Heart Institute, Abbott Northwestern Hospital, Minneapolis, Minnesota and Michael J Lim, MD, FACC, FSCAI, Co-Director, Center for Comprehensive Cardiovascular Care
Director, Division of Cardiology
Professor of Internal Medicine
Jack Ford Shelby Endowed Professor of Cardiology
Director, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory
Director, Cardiovascular Diseases and Interventional Cardiovascular Diseases Fellowship Programs
St Louis University School of Medicine
St Louis, Missouri