Textbook of Clinical Echocardiography Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 6th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Today’s echocardiography continues to be a low-cost, minimal-risk procedure with the potential to yield a vast amount of detailed, precise anatomic and physiologic information. Dr. Catherine Otto’s Textbook of Clinical Echocardiography, 6th Edition, clearly outlines how to master the core principles of echocardiographic imaging in order to make an initial diagnosis and integrate this data in clinical decision making for patients with a wide range of cardiovascular diseases. Ideal for cardiology fellows, medicine residents, and cardiac sonography students, this bestselling text teaches all the essential elements of ultrasound physics, tomographic and 3D anatomy, image acquisition, advanced imaging modalities, and application in specific disease categories– all with a practical, problem-based approach.
Access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 3 years of online and perpetual offline access. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Concentrates on the foundational concepts you need to know to perform and interpret echocardiographic studies and to pass your board exams.
- Covers all advanced echo techniques, including contrast echo, 3D echo, and myocardial mechanics, as well as intraoperative and intra-procedural transesophageal echocardiography (TEE).
- Discusses what alternative diagnostic approaches to initiate when echocardiography does not provide a definitive answer.
- Includes new Echo Math boxes in each chapter for quick review and greater comprehension.
- Provides new ASE recommendations for chamber quantitation, including updated tables of normal measurements.
- Matches full-color anatomic drawings of heart structures with the 2D and 3D echocardiographic views.
- Pairs state-of-the-art echo images with more than 360 videos that illustrate the full range of cardiac disease diagnosed with this powerful imaging approach.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you click on each figure to see the corresponding video, as well as search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Chapter 1. Principles of Echocardiographic Image Acquisition and Doppler Analysis
Chapter 2. Normal Anatomy and Flow Patterns on Transthoracic Echocardiography
Chapter 3. Transesophageal Echocardiography
Chapter 4. Specialized Echocardiography Applications
Chapter 5. Clinical Indications and Quality Assurance
Chapter 6. Left and Right Ventricular Systolic Function
Chapter 7. Ventricular Diastolic Filling and Function
Chapter 8. Coronary Artery Disease
Chapter 9. Cardiomyopathies, Hypertensive and Pulmonary Heart Disease
Chapter 10. Pericardial Disease
Chapter 11. Valvular Stenosis
Chapter 12. Valvular Regurgitation
Chapter 13. Prosthetic Valves
Chapter 14. Endocarditis
Chapter 15. Cardiac Masses and Potential Cardiac Source of Embolus
Chapter 16. Diseases of the Great Arteries
Chapter 17. The Adult with Congenital Heart Disease
Chapter 18. Intraoperative and Interventional Echocardiography
Appendix A: Normal Values for Echocardiographic Measurements
Appendix B: Evidence Tables
Catherine M. Otto, MD, Editor-in-Chief, Heart, J. Ward Kennedy-Hamilton Endowed Chair in Cardiology, Professor of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington