Handbook of Local Anesthesia Elsevier eBook on Vitalsource (Retail Access Card), 7th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Help students learn to prevent, recognize, and manage complications of local anesthesia administration. Written by Dr. Stanley Malamed, the leading expert on anesthesia in dentistry, the Handbook of Local Anesthesia, 7th Edition covers all the latest advances in science, instrumentation, and pain control techniques. From basic concepts to specific injection techniques, from dosage charts to the proper care and handling of equipment, this how-to guide provides in-depth, full-color coverage of key anesthesia topics, including specific hazards and errors in technique that may result in complications. Recognized as THE local anesthesia textbook in dentistry for over 30 years, the seventh edition has been thoroughly updated with the latest in safe anesthesia practices in dentistry.
- Written by Dr. Stanley Malamed, one of the most in-demand and globally recognized experts on dental anesthesia and sedation.
- Full-color photographs and line drawings enhance important points throughout book.
- Step-by-step procedures cover the techniques for administering intraoral anesthesia.
- Detailed descriptions of routes of anesthesia administration included throughout text.
- Logical Organization of content divides book into four parts including –Drugs, The Armamentarium, Techniques of Regional Anesthesia in Dentistry, and Complications, Legal Considerations, Questions, and the Future
- NEW! Updated and enhanced content throughout reflects latest research evidence.
- NEW! Two added chapters cover problems in achieving pain control and their solutions; and recent advances in local anesthesia.
- NEW! Addition of an Expert Consult Site allows you to search the entire book electronically.
Part I: Drugs 1. Neurophysiology 2. Pharmacology of Local Anesthetics 3. Pharmacology of Vasoconstrictors 4. Clinical Action of Specific Agents
Part II: The Armamentarium 5. The Syringe 6. The Needle 7. The Cartridge 8. Additional Armamentarium 9. Preparation of the Armamentarium
Part III: Techniques of Regional Anesthesia in Dentistry 10. Physical and Psychological Evaluation 11. Basic Injection Technique 12. Anatomical Considerations 13. Techniques of Maxillary Anesthesia 14. Techniques of Mandibular Anesthesia 15. Supplemental Injection Techniques 16. Local Anesthetic Considerations in Dental Specialties
Part IV: Complications, Legal Considerations, Questions, and The Future 17. Local Complications 18. Systemic Complications 19. Problems in Achieving Pain Control 20. Recent Advances in Local Anesthesia 21. Future Trends in Pain Control 22. Frequently Asked Questions 23. Legal Considerations
Stanley F. Malamed, DDS, Professor and Chair, Section of Anesthesia and Medicine, University of Southern California School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, CA