Study Guide for Kinn's The Administrative Medical Assistant - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 14th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Designed to support the trusted content in Kinn’s The Administrative Medical Assistant, 14th Edition, this study guide and procedure checklist manual is the essential review and practice companion to reinforce key concepts, encourage critical thinking, and ensure you master and apply administrative medical assisting content. This robust companion guide offers a wide range of exercises to reinforce your understanding of common administrative skills — including new certification preparation questions that offer additional practice for certification exams, a review of medical terminology and anatomy, and need-to-know workplace applications. Trusted for more than 60 years as a key part of the student journey from classroom to career, it also features competency checklists to clearly assess your performance and progression from day one until you land your first job as a Medical Assistant.
- Comprehensive coverage of all administrative procedures gives you an overview of everything you need to know to work in a medical office job.
- Hundreds of practice questions test your knowledge and critical thinking skills with vocabulary review, multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, and true/false questions.
- Skills practice, workplace applications, and online activities promote your critical thinking skills.
- Procedure checklists help you track your performance toward mastery of key skills and job-readiness.
- Work products allow you to provide documentation to instructors or file in professional portfolios to use in job-searching.
- Chapter-by-chapter correlation with the textbook allow you to test your comprehension as you go.
- Perforated pages are easily removed for on-the-go study or turn-in assignments and evaluations.
- NEW! Chapter reviews medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, and pathology to help you build a solid foundation for practice.
- NEW! Expanded content on medical office accounts, collections, banking, and practice management covers the most dynamic topics in the modern medical office.
- NEW! Certification Preparation questions help you focus on passing the certification exam from Day 1.
- NEW! Expanded and updated sample certification exams help you practice and prepare for certification.
- NEW! Streamlined presentation of the material combines chapters in an easier-to-read format.
PART 1 – Introduction to Medical Assisting 1. The Professional Medical Assistant and the Healthcare Team 2. Therapeutic Communication 3. Legal Principles 4. Healthcare Laws 5. Healthcare Ethics 6. Introduction to Anatomy and Medical Terminology 7. Patient Coaching
PART 2 – Fundamentals of Ambulatory Care Administration 8. Technology 9. Written Communication 10. Telephone Techniques 11. Scheduling Appointments and Patient Processing 12. Health Records 13. Daily Operations and Safety 14. Principles of Pharmacology
PART 3 – Coding and Medical Billing 15. Health Insurance Essentials 16. Diagnostic Coding Essentials 17. Procedural Coding Essentials 18. Medical Billing and Reimbursement Essentials
PART 4 – Advanced Ambulatory Care Administration 19. Patient Accounts and Practice Management 20. Advanced Roles in Administration
PART 5 – Assisting with Medical Specialties 21. Medical Emergencies
PART 6 – Job Seeking 22. Skills and Strategies
Deborah B. Proctor, EdD, RN, CMA, Professor and Director, Medical Assisting Program, Butler County Community College, Butler, PA, Brigitte Niedzwiecki, RN, MSN, RMA, Medical Assistant Program Director & Instructor, Chippewa Valley Technical College, Eau Claire, Wisconsin, Julie Pepper, BS, CMA (AAMA), Medical Assisting Program Instructor, Health Navigator Program Director, Chippewa Valley Technical College, Eau Claire, Wisconsin, P. Ann Weaver, MSEd, MT(ASCP), Medical Assistant Instructor, Chippewa Valley Technical College, Eau Claire, Wisconsin and Payel Madero, RHIT, MBA, AHIMA Approved ICD-10 Trainer
COO, PPJ Enterprises