Study Guide for Fundamentals of Nursing, 2nd Edition
Coordinated chapter-by-chapter to the new second edition of Yoost and Crawford’s Fundamentals of Nursing, this engaging study tool encompasses a wealth of activities and features — like case study questions, study group challenges, self-review questions, and more — to keep your learning interactive, meaningful, and fun. For chapters that include skills, detailed and interactive skills checklists will be provided on the Fundamentals of Nursing Evolve website. Answers to all questions will be included in the back of the study guide to help you assess your learning.
- Chapter review questions include multiple choice, matching, true-false, completion, image labelling, and more.
- Answers and detailed rationales are included at the end of the study guide.
- Skills performance checklists (located on the Evolve website in both interactive and printable formats) have been updated to match the latest versions of skills.
- NEW! Updated content matches the updates in the new Fundamentals of Nursing, 2nd Edition.
- NEW! Open-ended self-review questions include activities and guidance to help you make your study group time productive and fun.
- NEW! Preliminary readings refer you back to the relevant chapter in the main text.
1.Nursing, Theory, and Professional Practice
2.Values, Beliefs, and Caring
4.Critical Thinking in Nursing
5.Introduction to the Nursing Process
9.Implementation and Evaluation
10.Documentation, Electronic Health Records, and Reporting
11.Ethical and Legal Considerations
12.Leadership and Management
13.Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research
14.Health Literacy and Patient Education
16.Health and Wellness
17.Human Development: Conception through Adolescence
18.Human Development: Young Adult through Older Adult
20.Health History and Physical Assessment
21.Ethnicity and Cultural Assessment
23.Public Health, Community-Based, and Home Health Care
26.Asepsis and Infection Control
27.Hygiene and Personal Care
28.Activity, Immobility, and Safe Movement
29.Skin Integrity and Wound Care
31.Cognitive and Sensory Alterations
32.Stress and Coping
37.Perioperative Nursing Care
38.Oxygenation and Tissues Perfusion
39.Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance
42.Death and Loss
Appendix A: Answer Key
Barbara L Yoost, MSN, RN, CNE, ANEF, Lynne R Crawford, MSN, MBA, RN, CNE and Patricia Castaldi, DNP, RN, Director, Practical Nursing Program, Union County College; Plainfield, NJ