Nursing Delegation and Management of Patient Care, 3rd Edition
What makes a good nurse leader or patient care manager? Nursing Delegation and Management of Patient Care, 3rd Edition provides a comprehensive, evidence-based guide to the skills and competencies you need to lead effectively. Coverage includes a wide range of management concepts, such as prioritization, delegation, and care management in a hospital setting. To prepare you for today’s healthcare challenges, the book helps you master the staff nurse’s role in human resource management, relationship management, diversity, and shared decision making. From noted educators Kathleen Motacki and Kathleen Burke, this text prepares you for success on the Next Generation NCLEX® exam and helps you meet the job requirements of magnet-status hospitals.
- Comprehensive coverage addresses the roles and responsibilities of the manager of patient care position, core competencies required of nurses caring for patients, and a wide range of management concepts that new nurses need to know before they enter practice.
- Strong focus on "management of care" includes areas in which you will be tested on the NCLEX-RN® examination, such as prioritization, delegation, and assignment.
- Clinical Corner and Evidence-Based Practice boxes include real-world tips and advice on patient or client management, as well as current research and best practices.
- NCLEX® Examination Questions at the end of each chapter help you review important content.
- Learning features in each chapter include objectives, key terms, critical thinking case scenarios, and application exercises.
- Expert author team represents years of teaching experience in nursing leadership and management.
- NEW! Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) examination-style case studies at the end of each section familiarize you to the way that content will be tested in the new NGN exam.
- NEW! Leadership roles/competencies and evidence-based practice examples are included from across the care continuum: ambulatory care, long-term care, and community-based care.
- NEW! Content on management in a culturally diverse healthcare environment relates to both hospital staff and patients.
- NEW! Additional Evidence-Based Practice boxes relate to "innovation" topics in leadership and management.
- NEW! Updated organization reflects the Magnet Recognition (2019) and Pathways to Excellence (2016) standards, allowing you to learn the skills and competencies that magnet status hospitals require when hiring nurses.
Section 1 TRANSFORMATIONAL LEADERSHIP
Chapter 1 Leadership and Management
Chapter 2 Organizational Structure of Health Care
Chapter 3 Strategic Management and Planning
Chapter 4 Financial Management in Health Care
Chapter 5 Health Care Regulatory and Certifying Agencies
Section 2 Structural Empowerment
Chapter 6 Organizational Decision Making and Shared Governance
Chapter 7 Professional Decision Making and Advocacy
Chapter 8 Communication in the Work Environment
Chapter 9 Personnel Policies and Programs in the Workplace
Section 3 EXEMPLARY PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE
Chapter 10 Professional Development
Chapter 11 Professional Practice and Care Delivery Models and Emerging Practice Models
Chapter 12 Staffing and Scheduling
Chapter 13 Delegation of Nursing Tasks
Chapter 14 Providing Competent Staff
Chapter 15 Group Management for Effective Outcomes
Chapter 16 Hospital Information Systems
Chapter 17 Ethical and Legal Issues in Patient Care
Section 4 NEW KNOWLEDGE, INNOVATIONS, AND IMPROVEMENTS
Chapter 18 Improving Organizational Performance
Chapter 19 Evidence-Based Practice
Chapter 20 Monitoring Outcomes and the Use of Data for Improvement
Section 5 CONGRATULATIONS
Chapter 21 New Graduates: The Immediate Future: Job Interviewing, NCLEX and Continuing Education
Kathleen Motacki, RN, MSN, Nursing Faculty, Farleigh Dickinson University, Teaneck, NJ, USA and Kathleen Burke, RN, PhD, Assistant Professor and Assistant Dean of Nursing, School of Nursing, Ramapo College, Mahwah, NJ, USA