The Leadership Trajectory Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 1st Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Designed to help leaders in nursing and health care excel at every stage of their leadership path, this unique and practical text is organized around a leadership trajectory of three core areas — The Strategies, The Personal, and The Environment. The Strategies covers necessary actions that leaders need to take to become more influential in any environment to move themselves and their people to greater contributions. The Personal relates to the concepts that leaders must develop and hone to increase their influence. The Environment reinforces how leaders can exercise the strategies and personal factors in this model through assessing the situations in which they find themselves.
- Reflection questions in each chapter emphasize the importance of the process being discussed as a strategy for growth and to facilitate active reading.
- LL Alert! boxes cite examples of actions and statements to avoid.
- LL Lineup summaries at the end of each chapter help you create an action plan related to the chapter topic.
- Practical approach features straightforward, concise content that addresses only the most relevant information on the subject of each chapter.
- The Strategies covers necessary actions that you need to take to become more influential in any environment to move yourself and your people to greater contributions.
- The Personal relates to the concepts that you must develop and hone to increase your influence.
- The Environment reinforces how you can exercise the strategies and personal factors in this model through assessing the situations in which you find yourself.
1. Leading to Legacies
3. The Profession and Values
4. Life-Long Learning
Patricia S. Yoder-Wise, RN, EdD, NEA-BC, ANEF, FAAN, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, Texas, Karren Kowalski, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN, President, Kowalski and Associates Consulting, Castle Rock, CO and Susan Sportsman, RN, PhD, ANEF, FAAN