Mosby's Medical Dictionary, 11th Edition
Make sense of complex medical terms with this comprehensive reference! Mosby’s Medical Dictionary, 11th Edition includes more than 56,000 authoritative definitions along with 2,450 illustrations — that’s twice the number of images found in other medical dictionaries. Appendixes in the book and online make it easy to look up frequently used information, and an enhanced eBook version includes animations, audio pronunciations, and more. Helping you communicate more effectively in the workplace, this reference is an indispensable reference for students, nurses, and healthcare professionals.
- More than 56,000 entries offer detailed definitions, as well as the latest information on pathophysiology, treatment and interventions, and nursing care.
- More than 2,450 color photographs and line drawings demonstrate and explain complex conditions and abstract concepts.
- Color Atlas of Human Anatomy includes clearly labeled drawings for easy A&P reference.
- Convenient alphabetical organization makes it easy to find key terms and definitions.
- Detailed appendixes provide useful information on lab values, pharmacology and clinical calculations, NIC and NOC, infection control standards, and more that can be used throughout your healthcare career.
- NEW! Approximately 5,000 new and revised definitions reflect the latest developments in health care, drugs, and nursing terminology.
- NEW! Approximately 500 new and updated illustrations are included.
- NEW! Enhanced eBook includes linked audio pronunciations, animations, and integrated reference tables.
- NEW information on population health is included.
- NEW! Significant revisions of pharmacology content bring this information up to date.
- NEW! Added pronunciations are provided in this edition.
I. Color Atlas of Human Anatomy
II. Definitions A-Z
III. Illustration Credits
IV. Appendixes (at back of book)
1. Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC)
2. Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC)
3. Units of Measurement
4. Language Translation Guide
5. American Sign Language and Communications
6. Normal Reference Values
8. Pharmacology and Clinical Calculations
9. Range of Motion
10. Infection Control: CDC Isolation Guidelines
11. Diagnosis-Related Groups
Appendixes (on endsheets)
Spanish-French-English Equivalents of Commonly Used Medical Terms and Phrases
The Joint Commission Do Not Use Abbreviation List
Appendixes (on Evolve)
Herbs and Natural Supplements
Immunizations: Recommended Immunization Schedule, Canada 2012
Immunizations: Recommended Immunization Schedule, United States 2012
Normal Reference Laboratory Values
Symbols and Abbreviations