Virtual Clinical Excursions Online and Print Workbook for Introduction to Maternity and Pediatric Nursing, 8th Edition
Simulations - VCE - Print Workbook
One of the most complete nursing education learning systems available, Virtual Clinical Excursions 4.0 (VCE) is an interactive print and online workbook that guides students through a virtual hospital where the patients are real and their conditions are constantly changing. Each lesson features a core reading assignment from Introduction to Maternity and Pediatric Nursing, 8th Edition along with activities based on "visiting" the patients in the hospital. By immersing students in a realistic, yet safe, nursing environment, VCE simulates the average clinical rotation by allowing users to conduct a complete assessment of a patient and set priorities for care, collect information, analyze and interpret data, prepare and administer medications, and reach conclusions about complex problems. This unique virtual setting is the best way for students to learn about the complexities of patient care by giving them the perfect environment to practice what they’ve learned.
- Updated drug reference includes a comprehensive set of the latest drug monographs to help you make the best clinical judgments to complete each case.
- Online workbook lessons guide you throughout the patient scenarios to collect information, make decisions, and set priorities.
- Vital signs tool within each patient’s room allows you to check the patient’s status at critical moments, and promotes safe practice.
- Nurse-client interaction videos depict conversations and situations involving nurses, patients, family members, and hospital staff to help you discern between communications that are ideal and those that need improvement.
- Unique records that house data from the virtual patient’s hospital stay allows you to record new findings to see how the data for different attributes has changed over time.
- Laboratory guide provides standard value ranges for all laboratory values offered within the virtual patient hospital, so you can confirm and compare standard lab values against your patients’ test results.
- Physical examination experience with unique images and assessment findings advance your understanding of each patient’s system assessments.
- Patient medication administration enhances your ability to think critically about safe medication practices and follow safe medication standards.
- Allows for easy and quick access to various patient charts, including Physician’s Orders, Laboratory Reports, Patient Education, Nursing Admission, and many more.
- Kardex nursing information regarding patients’ acute care provides quick access to vital information such as physician’s orders, laboratory reports, patient education, nursing admission, and more, offering a richly detailed portrait of the patient.
NEW! Updated content from Introduction to Maternity and Pediatric Nursing, 8th Edition addressed through patient care activities in the VCE workbook, providing you with active learning of the latest evidence-based care.
Interactive Workbook Getting Started Lesson 1 Prenatal Assessment, Care, and Nutrition Lesson 2 Nursing Care of Women with Complications during Pregnancy: Antepartal Bleeding Disorders Lesson 3 Nursing Care of Women with Complications during Pregnancy: Gestational Hypertension Lesson 4 Nursing Care of Women with Complications during Pregnancy: Gestational Diabetes Mellitus Lesson 5 Nursing Care of Women with Complications during Pregnancy: Cardiac and Lupus Lesson 6 Nursing Care of Women with Complications during Pregnancy: Substance Abuse/Battering Lesson 7 Nursing Management of Pain during Labor and Birth Lesson 8 Nursing Care of Women with Complications during Labor and Birth Lesson 9 Sexually Transmitted and Other Infections Lesson 10 Common Reproductive Concerns, Infertility, and Contraception Lesson 11 Medication Administration Lesson 12 Caring for an Infant with Bronchiolitis Lesson 13 Nursing Care Issues Associated with Bronchiolitis Lesson 14 Caring for an Infant who is Failing to Thrive Lesson 15 Caring for a Young Child with Meningitis Lesson 16 Caring for a Young Child with Cerebral Palsy Lesson 17 Caring for a School-Age Child with Diabetes Mellitus Lesson 18 Supporting the Child with Diabetes and his Family while they Learn Self-Care Lesson 19 Caring for a Teen with an Eating Disorder Lesson 20 Emergency Care for a Child with Head Trauma Lesson 21 Providing Support for Families Experiencing the Loss of a Child
Online Virtual Hospital
Online Testing Program How to Create Quizzes and Exams from Question Pools Dorothy Grant Question Pool Stacy Crider Question Pool Kelly Brady Question Pool Maggie Gardner Question Pool Gabriela Valenzuela Question Pool Laura Wilson Question Pool George Gonzalez Question Pool Tommy Douglas Question Pool Carrie Richards Question Pool Stephanie Brown Question Pool Tiffany Sheldon Question Pool
Gloria Leifer, MA, RN, CNE, Professor, Obstetric and Pediatric Nursing, Riverside City College, Riverside, California