Sonography, 5th Edition
Without a deep understanding of what normal anatomy looks like in ultrasound images, you may have a tough time recognizing abnormalities. Thankfully Sonography Introduction to Normal Structure and Function, 5th Edition provides the firm grounding in normal anatomy and physiology that you need from an ultrasound perspective. This highly visual text uses a wealth of ultrasound images accompanied by labeled drawings with detailed legends to increase your comfort with normal anatomy as it appears during scanning. Its consistent chapter format also makes the content easy to navigate and reinforces standard protocols for scanning each area of the body.
- Highly visual content leads with images and uses narrative to support those visuals.
- Consistent organization features a standardized heading scheme to aid students when searching for information.
- Quality control protocol information helps students recreate the most optimal scanning settings and techniques.
- NEW! Chapter on musculoskeletal sonography covers the latest use of ultrasound technology to visualize muscle, tendon, and ligament anatomy.
- NEW! Chapter devoted to pediatric sonography introduces students to the knowledge needed to work in this nascent specialty.
- NEW! Coverage of 5D technology familiarizes students with automated volume scanning.
- NEW! Updated content reflects the latest ARDMS standards and AIUM guidelines.
- NEW! More than 100 new and updated sonograms and line drawings give students a better picture of what they should see in scans.
Section I: Clinical Applications
1. Before, During, and After the Ultrasound Examination
2. Ultrasound Instrumentation: “Knobology,” Imaging Processing, and Storage
3. General Patient Care
4. Introduction to Ergonomics and Sonographer Safety
Section II: Sonographic Approach to Understanding Anatomy
5. Interdependent Body Systems
6. Anatomy Layering and Sectional Anatomy
8. Introduction to Laboratory Values
Section III: Abdominal Sonography
9. The Abdominal Aorta
10. The Inferior Vena Cava
11. The Portal Venous System
12. The Liver
13. The Biliary System
14. The Pancreas
15. The Urinary and Adrenal System
16. Abdominal Vasculature Flow Dynamics
17. The Spleen
18. The Gastrointestinal System
Section IV: Pelvic Sonography
19. The Male Pelvis: Prostate Gland and Seminal Vesicles Sonography
20. The Female Pelvis
Section V: Obstetric and Neonatal Sonography
21. First Trimester Obstetrics (0 to 12 Weeks)
22. Second and Third Trimester Obstetrics (13 to 42 Weeks)
23. High-Risk Obstetrics
24. Fetal Echocardiography
25. The Neonatal Brain
Section VI: Small Parts Sonography
26. The Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands
27. Breast Sonography
28. Scrotal and Penile Sonography
Section VIII: Specialty Sonography
29. Pediatric Echocardiography
30. Adult Echocardiography
31. Vascular Technology
Section IX: Advances in Sonography
32. 3D/4D/5D Sonography
33. Interventional and Intraoperative Sonography
34. Musculoskeletal Sonography
35. Pediatric Sonography
Reva Arnez Curry, PhD, RDMS, RTR, FSDMS, Executive Director of Community Partnerships, H201 Stockton Center for Community Schools, School of Education, Richard Stockton College, Pomona, NJ and Marilyn Prince