Radiographic Imaging and Exposure, 6th Edition
Master the radiography skills needed to produce high-quality images every time! With straightforward coverage of imaging principles, Radiographic Imaging and Exposure, 6th Edition describes exposure techniques and how to acquire, process, and display digital images. Not only does this book help you reduce the need for repeat images, it includes problem-solving guidelines for troubleshooting situations. Written by noted educator Terri L. Fauber, this book also provides the essential knowledge needed to pass the ARRT certification exam.
- Extensive digital radiography coverage explains how to acquire, process, and display digital images, along with important aspects of data management.
- Straightforward focus on imaging and exposure provides the knowledge you need to become a competent radiographer.
- Concise, easy-to-understand writing style makes the content easily accessible.
- Patient Protection Alerts highlight the variables that impact patient exposure and how radiographers can control them.
- Relationships sections summarize the connections between radiographic concepts, calling attention to how they relate to one another.
- Mathematical Applications sections show how mathematical concepts and formulas are applied in the clinical setting.
- Bulleted summaries at the ends of chapters offer a quick review of key concepts.
- Review questions are provided in every chapter, with answers in the back of the book.
- Convenient appendixes include Important Relationships, Mathematical Applications, and Patient Protection Alerts, providing a quick reference to important concepts and formulas.
- Glossary of key terms defines need-to-know terminology covered throughout the book.
- NEW! Coverage of digital imaging includes two chapters with expanded image processing and new content on data management.
- NEW! Updated content reflects the newest curriculum standards outlined by the ARRT and ASRT, and provides everything you need to prepare for the boards and for clinical success.
- NEW! Additional digital images are included in the digital imaging chapters, as well as the Scatter Control and Exposure Technique Selection chapters.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of digital fluoroscopy includes a thorough explanation of fluoroscopic operational features that impact the patient dose in Dynamic Imaging: Fluoroscopy chapter.
1. Radiation and its Discovery
2. The X-ray Beam
3. Image Formation and Radiographic Quality
4. Digital Image Characteristics, Receptors, and Image Acquisition
5. Digital Imaging Processing, Display, and Data Management
6. Exposure Technique Factors
7. Scatter Control
8. Exposure Technique Selection
9. Film-Screen Imaging
10. Dynamic Imaging: Fluoroscopy
Appendix A: Summary of Important Relationships
Appendix B: Summary of Mathematical Applications
Appendix C: Summary of Radiation Protection Alerts
Chapter Review Questions Answer Key
Terri L. Fauber, EdD, RT(R)(M), Professor Emeritus of Radiation Sciences,Department of Radiation Sciences,College of Health Professions,Virginia Commonwealth University