Dental Instruments, 7th Edition
Learn how to identify and use more than 300 dental instruments! Dental Instruments: A Pocket Guide, 7th Edition makes it quick and easy for dental assistants and dental hygienists to master the instruments and equipment used in everyday practice. It includes over 700 photographs and drawings of basic and specialty dental instruments, paired with text describing each instrument’s use, characteristics, practice considerations, and sterilization. With a spiral-bound, flashcard-style, flipbook format, the book also makes it easy to review key information and to assess your knowledge. Dental Instruments is the perfect guide both for study and for chairside reference.
- Flashcard-style format makes it easy to quiz yourself and assess your knowledge of dental instruments.
- More than 700 high-quality photographs and illustrations include both full and close-up views to help you quickly and accurately identify and differentiate dental instruments.
- Clear, two-page spreads include a photo of each instrument along with its name, functions, characteristics, practice notes, and sterilization, with chapters progressing from basic instruments to more specialized instruments.
- Pocket size, spiral binding, and Velcro® closure makes the book easy to use and ideal for on-the-go study.
- Practice Notes and Sterilization Notes summarize common practice and state regulations.
- Interactive review activities on the Evolve companion website include chapter quizzes as well as tray setup questions and exercises.
- NEW content includes topics such as infection control, vital signs, sleep apnea, dental implants, and 3D printing.
- NEW! Updated images include the latest in infection control and emerging techniques, new original photos, and high-quality drawings of details that cannot be shown in a photograph.
- EXPANDED! In-use photos and illustrations show instruments or equipment within the context of dental care.
1. Basic Dental Instruments
2. Enamel Cutting Instruments
3. Local Anesthetic Syringe/Components and Nitrous Oxide Sedation
4. Evacuation Devices, Air/Water Syringe Tip, and Dental Unit
5. Dental Handpieces
6. Burs and Rotary Attachments for Handpieces
7. Dental Dam Instruments
8. Amalgam Restorative Instruments
9. Composite Restorative Instruments
10. Fixed Prosthodontics Restorative Instruments
11. Endodontic Instruments
12. Hygiene Instruments
13. Preventive and Sealant Instruments and Whitening Trays
14. Orthodontic Instruments
15. Universal Surgical Instruments
16. Periodontal Instruments and Periodontal Surgical Instruments
17. Oral Surgery Extraction Instruments
18. Sterilization and Protective Equipment
19. Dental Materials Equipment
20. Dental Imaging and Diagnostic Equipment
21. Vital Signs and Beyond
Linda Bartolomucci Boyd, CDA, RDA, BA, Program Coordinator Registered Dental Assisting Program, Diablo Valley College, Pleasant Hill, CA