PART - Saunders Q & A Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 8th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Practice makes perfect with Saunders Q&A Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, 8th Edition. This popular review offers more than 6,000 test questions, giving you all the Q&A practice you need to pass the NCLEX-RN examination! Each question enhances review by including a test-taking strategy and rationale for correct and incorrect answers. Questions are organized to match the Client Needs and Integrated Processes found in the most recent NCLEX-RN test plan. Q&A practice is also provided on the Evolve companion website, with many study and testing options — including an option to select practice questions by health problem/medical diagnosis. From the most trusted names in NCLEX review, Linda Anne Silvestri and Angela Silvestri, this resource is part of the popular Saunders Pyramid to Success.
- Detailed test-taking strategies for each question provide clues for analyzing and selecting the correct answer.
- Comprehensive rationales are provided for both correct and incorrect answer options.
- Chapters organized by Client Needs reflect the latest NCLEX-RN test plan.
- Evolve companion website includes more than 6,000 questions with robust study and self-testing options.
- A 75-question pre-test generates a study calendar to guide your exam preparation.
- Questions on the Evolve companion site may be sorted by cognitive ability, NCLEX client needs area, content area, integrated process, health problem, priority concept, strategy, or alternate item format to help you focus on the question types you find most difficult.
- A 75-question post-test helps you evaluate your progress.
- All alternate item question types are represented, including multiple response, prioritizing/ordered response, fill-in-the-blank, illustration/hot spot, chart/exhibit questions, graphic option, questions incorporating audio, case studies, and Next-Generation NCLEX-style question types.
- A Priority Nursing Tip for each question highlights need-to-know patient care information.
- Introductory chapters cover preparation guidance for the NCLEX-RN and the computerized adaptive testing (CAT) format, nonacademic preparation, test-taking strategies, and the NCLEX-RN from a new graduate’s perspective.
- Three audio reviews on the Evolve companion website cover acid-base balance, fluids and electrolytes, and pharmacology.
- Appropriate for all test takers in the US and Canada — includes metric, SI, and imperial units, as applicable.
- Questions written at higher cognitive levels (applying, analyzing, synthesizing, evaluating, and creating) correspond to the NCLEX, where most items are written at the application level or higher.
- NEW! Thoroughly updated questions reflect the latest NCLEX-RN test plan.
- NEW! Clinical Judgment Situations include unfolding Next-Generation NCLEX-style case studies and question types with answer guidelines on the Evolve companion website.
- NEW! Clinical Judgment/Cognitive Skills labels help you recognize the new clinical judgment thought process behind Next-Generation NCLEX-style questions.
- NEW and UNIQUE! A tear-out bookmark insert allows you to cover the answer column and includes a list of the top 10 test-taking strategies.
Unit I: The NCLEX-RN Examination
1.Clinical Judgment and the NCLEX-RN Examination
2.Profiles to Success
3.The NCLEX-RN Examination: From a New Graduate's Perspective
4.Clinical Judgment and Test-Taking Strategies
Unit II: Client Needs
5.Client Needs and the NCLEX-RN Test Plan
7.Safe and Effective Care Environment
8.Health Promotion and Maintenance
Unit III: Integrated Processes
10.Integrated Processes and the NCLEX-RN Test Plan
Unit IV: Comprehensive Test
Linda Anne Silvestri, PhD, RN, FAAN, Nursing Instructor,University of Nevada, Las Vegas Las,Nevada; President Nursing Reviews, Inc. and Professional Nursing Seminars, Inc. Henderson, Nevada; Elsevier Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) Thought Leader and Angela E. Silvestri, PhD, APRN, FNP-BC, CNE, Assistant Professor and BSN Program Director,University of Nevada,Las Vegas, Nevada; President Nurse Prep, LLC Henderson, Nevada