Family Nurse Practitioner Certification Review, 4th Edition
There’s no better way to get ready for your Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) certification exams! With more than 1,500 practice questions and customized online tests, Family Nurse Practitioner Certification Review, 4th Edition provides complete preparation for the AANP and ANCC certification exams. Answers and rationales for questions are included at the end of each chapter to help you strengthen any weak areas. Written by respected nursing educator JoAnn Zerwekh, this review includes an Evolve companion website that can generate an unlimited number of sample exams matching both the question distribution and the length of the latest FNP certification exam blueprints.
- More than 1,500 multiple-choice questions are accompanied by answers and detailed rationales. Plus additional questions are available in the eBook version!
- Questions are reviewed by certified FNPs and mirror the content found on FNP certification exams, covering the latest information on physical examination, differential diagnosis, diagnostic and therapeutic tests, pharmacological therapies, risk assessment, patient and family education and counseling, evaluation of response to health interventions, health promotion and screening strategies, scope of practice, and practice and resource management.
- QSEN emphasis highlights questions related to patient safety with a special QSEN safety icon; selected answer rationales also address the Safety competency.
- Division of clinical chapters into three areas — Physical Examination and Diagnostic Tests, Disorders, and Pharmacology — makes it easy to locate specific information within each body system.
- Test-Taking Strategies chapter uses test examples and provides tips to enhance your testing skills, develop critical thinking skills, learn strategies for decreasing anxiety, and improve study habits.
- Professional Issues chapter examines the legal and ethical issues, trends, evidence-based clinical guidelines, and professional competencies important to the FNP role.
- Unlimited, randomly generated practice exams are provided on the Evolve companion website, selected from a library of all of the questions from the book (plus additional bonus questions) with automated grading and feedback, and question distribution is designed to match the actual FNP certification exams.
- New! Updated questions match the latest exam blueprints and question formats from the AANP and ANCC certification exams.
- New! Thoroughly revised clinical content reflects current evidence-based clinical practice and national treatment guidelines and protocols.
1. Test-Taking Strategies
2. Growth and Development
3. Health Promotion and Maintenance
6. Immune and Allergy
7. Head, Eyes, Ears, Nose, and Throat (HEENT)
12. Gastrointestinal and Liver
15. Male Reproductive
16. Female Reproductive
19. Mental Health
20. Research and Theory
21. Professional Issues
JoAnn Zerwekh, MSN, EdD, RN, President/CEO
Nursing Education Consultants, Inc.