Pharmacology Online for Pharmacology, 10th Edition
Improve your understanding of nursing pharmacology with Pharmacology Online, 10th Edition. Corresponding to Pharmacology: A Patient-Centered Nursing Process Approach, 10th Edition, this online course features a collection of interactive, self-paced learning modules that makes it easier to learn everything from basic principles to dosage calculation, drug administration, and more — all within context of the nursing process. These self-study modules feature true-to-life case studies, videos, animations, NCLEX® Examination–style quizzes, and more to help you understand how drugs work and how to administer them safely in the clinical setting.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- 21 self-study modules provide a thorough review of the basic principles of pharmacology, drug dosage calculations, and several major drug content areas using a combination of media.
- 25 animations foster easier learning of difficult pharmacology topics.
- Audio glossary presents a definition and an audio pronunciation for more than 1,400 terms and drug names.
- UNIQUE! 16 Roadside Assistance video clips use humor and analogy to bring difficult content to life.
- Case studies with corresponding quizzes use true-to-life clinical scenarios to promote "learning by doing" in the safety of a virtual clinical setting.
- Interactive learning activities provide review of critical drug content in a game-like activity format.
- Practice quizzes for the NCLEX® examination feature approximately 500 self-scoring questions with rationales.
- Discussion questions develop students’ knowledge of clinical practice by asking students to apply their learning to scenarios like those they will encounter in practice.
- NEW! Updated online drug handbook reflects the content of Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2020 and provides hands-on practice consulting with an up-to-date drug reference for clinical decision-making.
- NEW! Updated content matches the chapters in Pharmacology: A Patient-Centered Nursing Process Approach, 10th Edition, and reflects major new drugs, new drug classes, new therapeutic uses, and discontinued drugs.
Unit 1: Introduction to Pharmacology
Unit 2: Pharmacotherapy and Drug Administration
Unit 3: Maintenance of Homeostasis
Unit 4: Autonomic Nervous System Drugs
Unit 5: Central and Peripheral Nervous System Drugs
Unit 6: Mental and Behavioral Health Drugs
Unit 7: Pain and Inflammation Management Drugs
Unit 8: Antimicrobial Drugs
Unit 9: Immunologic Drugs
Unit 10: Antineoplastics and Biologic Response Modifiers
Unit 11: Respiratory Drugs
Unit 12: Cardiovascular Drugs
Unit 13: Gastrointestinal Drugs
Unit 14: Eye, Ear, and Skin Drugs
Unit 15: Endocrine Drugs
Unit 16: Renal and Urologic Drugs
Unit 17: Reproductive and Gender-Related Drugs
Unit 18: Emergency Drugs
Library of Supplemental Resources
Linda E. McCuistion, PhD, MSN, NCLEX® Live Review Presenter, Mandeville, Louisiana, Kathleen DiMaggio, RN, MSN, Professor Emerita, University of Holy Cross New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana, Mary Beth Winton, PhD, RN, ACANP-BC, Assistant Professor, Tarleton State University, Stephenville, Texas and Jennifer J. Yeager, PhD, RN, APRN, Assistant Professor, Tarleton State University, Stephenville, Texas