Nursing Skills Online Version 4.0 for Fundamentals of Nursing (Access Card), 2nd Edition
Learn to master important nursing skills for the clinical setting with Nursing Skills Online 4.0 (NSO) for Yoost Fundamentals of Nursing 2nd Edition. This interactive learning system offers 19 modules which include 4 to 8 lessons each, enhanced by 900 interactive activities, 130 video clips, 95 animations and slide shows, 1100 images, 855 assessment items, and 1020 glossary terms. Each module mirrors the text, using a structured pace to strategically guide you through chunks of information which you can apply to critical thinking tasks or case studies. In addition, lesson quizzes allow you to evaluate your mastery of the content.
- Case-based/problem-oriented format for learning activities provides you with real-life patient scenarios and promotes critical thinking.
- QSEN correlated headings and exercises helps you to better understand the six Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) core competencies.
- Lesson Post Tests provide an immediate score upon completion including rationales behind correct responses.
- Printable procedure guidelines enable you to study and learn anywhere they go.
- Self-assessment exercises allow you to test your knowledge of key concepts including correct answers and rationales for immediate feedback.
- Safety Considerations screens address the global safety issues in play for the lesson topic.
- Patient Centered Care screens address variations in approaches to patients of varied cultures and ages during the performance of the skill.
- Teamwork and Collaboration screens include information on delegation, as well as cooperation with other healthcare professionals who may have input in to patient welfare (physical therapists, nutritionists, respiratory therapists, pharmacists, etc.).
- Quality Improvement exercises present critical thinking challenges, encouraging you to use patient care data to improve outcomes.
- Frequent interactivity enhances your learning and engagement with content to make understanding complex concepts easier.
- Objectives, Equipment lists, and Delegation responsibilities at the beginning of each lesson help you to focus on important information.
- NEW! Cardiac Care module covers vital skills related to cardiac monitoring.
- NEW! UNIQUE! Documentation activities help you to practice accurate charting and documentation skills which are vital to develop early in your educational experience.
- NEW! Videos clips with closed captions and audio scripting updated to include the latest standards of nursing care.
- NEW! Focus on interprofessional education (IPE) and safety helps you to better understand how to communicate with the whole healthcare team.
- UPDATED Learning activities throughout text include the latest accessibility standards.
Module 01: Vital Signs
Module 02: Safety
Module 03: Infection Control
Module 04: Wound Care
Module 05: Enteral Nutrition
Module 06: Specimen Collection
Module 07: Safe Medication Preparation
Module 08: Administration of Nonparenteral Medication
Module 09: Administration of Parenteral Medications: Injections
Module 10: Administration of Parenteral Medications: Intravenous Medications
Module 11: Cardiac Care
Module 12: Airway Management
Module 13: Closed Chest Drainage Systems
Module 14: Caring for Central Vascular Access Devices (CVAD)
Module 15: Blood Therapy
Module 16: Intravenous Fluid Therapy
Module 17: Maintenance of Intravenous Fluid Therapy
Module 18: Bowel Elimination/Ostomy Care
Module 19: Urinary Catheterization
Barbara L Yoost, MSN, RN, CNE, ANEF and Lynne R Crawford, MSN, MBA, RN, CNE