Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner and Midwifery Certification Review, 1st Edition
Prepare for success on the WHNP and CNM certification exams with this comprehensive review! Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner and Midwifery Certification Review provides 1,000 multiple-choice questions based on the exam blueprints, with answers and rationales at the end of each chapter. Using those 1,000 questions, you can generate an unlimited number of 150-question practice tests reflecting the type of questions found on the actual exams. Written by nursing educator JoAnn Zerwekh and contributors who are WNHPs and CNMs, this review includes test-taking tips and realistic online practice to boost your exam readiness!
- 1,000 multiple-choice questions in the book are accompanied by answers and detailed rationales for correct answers.
- Practice exams on the Evolve website are selected from the book’s questions to create a virtually unlimited number of 150-question tests, including automated grading and feedback, with each exam designed to match the length and question distribution of the actual certification exams.
- Review of WHNP (Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner) and midwifery reflects the latest evidence-based clinical practice and national treatment guidelines and protocols, with separate sections covering physical assessment and diagnostic tests, gynecology and family planning, obstetrics, primary care, and professional issues.
- Test-Taking Strategies chapter uses test examples to offer tips and techniques to improve your study habits and testing skills, increase critical thinking, and decrease anxiety.
- Primary Care chapters each follow a standard format: Disorders and Pharmacology.
- Special QSEN safety icons highlight and emphasize questions related to the graduate-level Safety competency of the Quality & Safety Education for Nurses initiative.
1. Test-Taking Strategies• Certification Exam Information• Testing Strategies• Techniques to Increase Critical Thinking Skills• Testing Skills for Paper-and-Pencil Tests• Successful Test Taking• Decrease Anxiety• Study Habits PART I: PHYSICAL ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSTIC TESTS2. Physical Assessment• Health History• Physical Exam3. Diagnostic Tests• Reproductive• Pregnancy• Urinary• Cardiac• Respiratory• HEENT• Endocrine• Musculoskeletal• Gastrointestinal and Liver• HematologyPART II: GYNECOLOGY AND FAMILY PLANNING4. Gynecology• Anatomy and Physiology of Reproduction• Family Planning• Disorders• Male Issues Affecting Women’s Health• Pharmacology PART III: OBSTETRICS5. Antepartum• Physiology of Pregnancy• Antepartum Care• Complications• Pharmacology6. Intrapartum (Midwifery only)• Intrapartum Care• Pharmacology7. Postpartum• Postpartum Care• Pharmacology8. Neonatal Care (Midwifery only)• Newborn• PharmacologyPART IV: PRIMARY CARE9. Health Promotion and Maintenance• Health Screening• Immunizations 10. Cardiovascular• Disorders• Pharmacology 11. Respiratory• Disorders• Pharmacology 12. Head, Eyes, Ears, Nose, and Throat (HEENT) • Disorders• Pharmacology 13. Integumentary • Disorders• Pharmacology 14. Endocrine• Disorders• Pharmacology 15. Musculoskeletal• Disorders• Pharmacology 16. Neurology• Disorders• Pharmacology 17. Gastrointestinal and Liver• Disorders• Pharmacology 18. Hematology• Disorders• Pharmacology 19. Urinary• Disorders• Pharmacology 20. Mental Health• Disorders• Pharmacology PART V: PROFESSIONAL ISSUES21. Professional Issues (WHNP only)• Research and Evidence-Based Practice• Legal and Ethical• Patient Safety• Issues and Trends
JoAnn Zerwekh, EdD, RN, President/CEO,Nursing Education Consultants, Inc,Chandler, Arizona