Cardiovascular Therapeutics - A Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 4th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Manage cardiovascular problems more effectively with the most comprehensive resource available! A trusted companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease, Cardiovascular Therapeutics, 4th Edition addresses pharmacological, interventional, and surgical management approaches for each type of cardiovascular disease. This practical and clinically focused cardiology reference offers a balanced, complete approach to all of the usual and unusual areas of cardiovascular disease and specific therapies in one concise volume, equipping you to make the best choices for every patient.
- Understand current approaches to treating and managing cardiovascular patients for long-term health, for complex problems, and for unusual cardiac events.
- Benefit from the substantial experience of Elliott M. Antman, MD, Marc S. Sabatine, MD, and a host of other respected authorities, who provide practical, evidence-based rationales for all of today's clinical therapies.
- Expand your knowledge beyond pharmacologic interventions with complete coverage of the most effective interventional and device therapies being used today.
- Easily reference Braunwald's Heart Disease, 9th Edition for further information on topics of interest.
- Make the best use of the latest genetic and molecular therapies as well as advanced therapies for heart failure.
- Cut right to the answers you need with an enhanced focus on clinically relevant information and a decreased emphasis on pathophysiology.
- Stay current with ACC/AHA/ESC guidelines and the best ways to implement them in clinical practice.
- Get an enhanced visual perspective with an all-new, full-color design throughout.
- Access the complete contents online and download images at www.expertconsult.com.
PART I DECISION MAKING AND THERAPEUTIC STRATEGIES IN CARDIOVASCULAR
Chapter 1 Tools for Assessment of Cardiovascular Tests and Therapies
Chapter 2 New Drug Development
Chapter 3 Device Development for Cardiovascular Therapeutics: Concepts and Regulatory Implications
Chapter 4 Pharmacogenetics
Chapter 5 Systems of Health Care
Chapter 6 Global Cardiovascular Therapy
PART II ISCHEMIC HEART DISEASE
Chapter 7 Pharmacologic Options for Treatment of Ischemic Disease
Chapter 8 Stable Ischemic Heart Disease/Chronic Stable Angina
Chapter 9 Non–ST-Segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes
Chapter 10 ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction
Chapter 11 Advances in Coronary Revascularization
PART III HEART FAILURE
Chapter 12 Pharmacologic Management of Heart Failure in the Ambulatory Setting
Chapter 13 Implantable Devices for the Management of Heart Failure
Chapter 14 Strategies for Management of Acute Decompensated Heart Failure
Chapter 15 Cardiac Transplantation and Circulatory Support Devices
Chapter 16 Regenerative Therapy for Heart Failure
Chapter 17 Hypertrophic, Restrictive, and Infiltrative Cardiomyopathies
PART IV ARRHYTHMIAS AND CONDUCTION DISTURBANCES
Chapter 18 Clinical Pharmacology of Antiarrhythmic Drugs
Chapter 19 Pharmacologic Management of Supraventricular Tachycardias
Chapter 20 Atrial Fibrillation
Chapter 21 Nonpharmacologic Treatment of Tachyarrhythmias
Chapter 22 Role of Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators in Primary and Secondary Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death
Chapter 23 Treatment of Ventricular Tachycardia and Cardiac Arrest
PART V DYSLIPOPROTEINEMIAS AND ATHEROSCLEROSIS
Chapter 24 Drugs for Elevated Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol
Chapter 25 Therapy to Manage Low High-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol and Elevated Triglycerides
Chapter 26 Cardiovascular Disease and Lifestyle Modification
Chapter 27 Steps Beyond Diet and Drug Therapy for Severe Hypercholesterolemia
PART VI HYPERTENSION
Chapter 28 Initial Evaluation and Approach to the Patient with Hypertension
Chapter 29 Pharmacologic Management of Hypertension
Chapter 30 Endocrine Causes of Hypertension
Chapter 31 Resistant Hypertension
Chapter 32 Hypertensive Crisis
Chapter 33 Hypertension in Pregnancy
Chapter 34 Management of Hypertension in Children and Adolescents
PART VII OTHER VASCULAR CONDITIONS
Chapter 35 Peripheral Artery Disease
Chapter 36 Cerebrovascular Disease
Chapter 37 Renal Artery Stenosis
Chapter 38 Pulmonary Embolism and Deep Vein Thrombosis
Chapter 39 Treatment of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
Chapter 40 Aortic Disease
PART VIII OTHER CARDIOVASCULAR CONDITIONS
Chapter 41 Pharmacologic Options for Treating of CardiovascularDisease During Pregnancy
Chapter 42 Care for Adults with Congenital Heart Disease
Chapter 43 Prevention and Treatment of Infective Endocarditis
Chapter 44 Treatment of Pericardial Disease
Chapter 45 Optimal Timing of Surgical and Mechanical Intervention in Native Valvular Heart Disease
Chapter 46 Surgery for Valvular Heart Disease
Chapter 47 Percutaneous Treatment for Valvular Heart Disease
Chapter 48 Manifestations, Mechanisms, and Treatment of HIV-Associated Cardiovascular Disease
Chapter 49 Rehabilitation of the Patient with Cardiovascular Disease
PART IX APPENDIX
Elliott M. Antman, MD, Professor of Medicine, Cardiology, Harvard Medical School, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA