Pediatric Endocrinology - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 4th Edition
In a single, convenient volume, Pediatric Endocrinology offers complete coverage of all aspects of basic science and clinical practice, ideal for both pediatricians and endocrinologists. Pediatric endocrinology expert Dr. Mark Sperling teams up with world-renowned authors to bring you up to date with the latest key developments in every area of the field, providing invaluable guidance on how your clinical decision making will be affected by todays technological and scientific advances. The user-friendly text is enhanced by all-new online access to the complete contents of the book and more.
"Inclusion of clinical vignettes and supported by ExpertConsult access makes the text almost as good as face-to-face teaching." Reviewed by: Neel Kamal on behalf of BACCH Newsletter, March 2015
- Determine the best possible course for every patient with easy-to-follow algorithms in every clinical chapter.
- Stay up to date with today’s hottest topics, including neonatal diabetes mellitus, Type II childhood diabetes, molecular endocrinology, and genetics.
- Explore the impact of today’s advances and challenges, including explosive growth in molecular biology, sophisticated imaging techniques, and an increase in both pediatric diabetes and obesity.
- NEW! Access the fully searchable contents of the book and new self-assessment questions online at Expert Consult.
- Quickly access the information you need with a new, streamlined organization (Concepts, Endocrine Disorders of the Newborn, Endocrine Disorders of Childhood and Adolescence, and Laboratory Tests and Imaging).
Section I: Principles and Methods of Pediatric Endocrinology
Chapter 1. Overview and Principles of Pediatric Endocrinology
Chapter 2. Molecular Endocrinology and Endocrine Genetics
Chapter 3. Receptor Transduction Pathways Mediating Hormone Action
Chapter 4. Laboratory Methods in Pediatric Endocrinology
Section II: Endocrine Disorders in the Neonate
Chapter 5. Ambiguous Genitalia
Chapter 6. Hypoglycemia in the Newborn and Infant
Chapter 7. Disorders of the Thyroid in the Newborn and Infant
Chapter 8. Disorders of Calcium and Phosphorus Homeostasis in the Newborn and Infant
Chapter 9. Neonatal Diabetes Mellitus
Section III: Endocrine Disorders in Children and Adolescents
Chapter 10. Disorders of Growth Hormone/Insulin-Like Growth Factor Secretion and Action
Chapter 11. Disorders of the Posterior Pituitary
Chapter 12. Thyroid Disorders in Children and Adolescents
Chapter 13. Adrenal Cortex and Its Disorders
Chapter 14. Pheochromocytoma and Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Syndromes
Chapter 15. Puberty and Its Disorders in the Female
Chapter 16. Turner Syndrome
Chapter 17. Puberty and Its Disorders in the Male
Chapter 18. Disorders of Mineral Homeostasis in Children and Adolescents
Chapter 19. Diabetes Mellitus
Chapter 20. Autoimmune Polyglandular Syndromes
Chapter 21. Hypoglycemia in the Toddler and Child
Chapter 22. Obesity, Metabolic Syndrome and Disorders of Energy Balance
Chapter 23. Lipid Disorders in Children and Adolescents
Mark A. Sperling, MD, Professor and Chair Emeritus, Department of Pediatrics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine; Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Diabetes Mellitus, Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania