Rheumatology - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 7th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Thoroughly revised and updated, the 7th Edition of Rheumatology remains a leading text in this fast-changing field, keeping you abreast of recent advances in medications, therapies, clinical trials, and much more. Dr. Mark Hochberg and his team of expert authors and editors cover everything you need to know -- from basic scientific principles to practical clinical management strategies, all in a user-friendly, accessible manner.
- Provides access to quick, concise videos depicting musculoskeletal ultrasound including anisotropy, "comet tail" needle artifact, rheumatoid arthritis synovitis, acute gout, and more.
- Uses a consistent, logical, reader-friendly format with templated content and large-scale images for efficient visual reference.
- Features 14 completely new chapters covering biomedical and translational science, disease and outcome assessment, including new imaging modalities and early emerging disease, clinical therapeutics, and patient management and rehabilitation.
- Includes updated content on the latest diagnostic perspectives and approaches to therapy including tapering down of treatment, pulmonary hypertension and scleroderma, psoriatic arthritis, and the latest oral anticoagulants.
- Covers hot topics such as pathogenesis and pathophysiology of axial spondyloarthritis, DXA and measurement of bone, infectious arthritis, and more.
- Shares the knowledge and expertise of internationally recognized rheumatoid arthritis expert and new editor, Dr. Ellen Gravallese.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Marc C. Hochberg, MD, MPH, MACP, Professor of Medicine and Epidemiology and Public Health; Head, Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA, Ellen M Gravallese, MD, Professor of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Division of Rheumatology; Director of Translational Research, Musculoskeletal Center of Excellence, University of Massachusetts Medical School and University of Massachusetts Memorial Medical Center; Myles J. McDonough Chair in Rheumatology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts, Alan J. Silman, Medical Director, Arthritis Research Campaign, UK, Josef S. Smolen, MD, FRCP, Professor of Medicine, Chairman, Department of Medicine III, Division of Rheumatology, Medical University of Vienna;Chairman, Second Department of Medicine, Center for Rheumatic Diseases, Hietzing Hospital, Vienna, Austria, Michael E. Weinblatt, MD, John R. and Eileen K. Riedman Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School; R. Bruce and Joan M. Mickey Distinguished Chair in Rheumatology, Division of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA and Michael H. Weisman, MD, Cedars-Sinai Chair in Rheumatology, Director, Division of Rheumatology, Professor of Medicine, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA