Mosby's Radiography Online: Anatomy and Positioning for Merrill's Atlas of Radiographic Positioning and Procedures, 14th Edition
Corresponding to the content in Merrill's Atlas of Radiographic Positioning & Procedures, 14th Edition, Mosby’s Radiography Online reinforces your understanding of anatomy and positioning. This online course enhances interactive learning — and helps you to develop the critical thinking skills needed in the clinical setting. Difficult anatomy and positioning concepts are brought to life through narrated animations, slide shows, and image evaluations, providing learning opportunities that are impossible to achieve in a static textbook alone.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 36 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Animations and slide shows with audio narration demonstrate positioning procedures and communicate concepts that are difficult to convey with static illustrations.
- A variety of interactive exercises, some with case studies, reinforce learning and make study more interesting and engaging.
- Self-assessment labeling exercises provide a review of the anatomy and articulations of body parts, challenging your knowledge and measuring your readiness to proceed in the module.
- Demonstrations of trauma and pathology include both routine and special projections to prepare you for unique situations encountered in the clinical environment.
- Key terms are bolded and linked to definitions in the glossary.
- Master glossary link on every screen offers easy access to glossary terms at any point in the course.
- Image evaluation exercises show positioning as well as technical errors, and promote critical thinking.
- Learning links direct you to related sites on the internet which provide additional learning resources.
- Self-assessment quizzes help you determine your strengths and weaknesses before taking the exam.
- NEW! Two completely new learning modules reflect the content in Merrill's Atlas of Radiographic Positioning & Procedures, 14th Edition.
- NEW! Updated images reflects continuing evolution of digital image technology as seen in the Atlas text.
- NEW! New exercises reflect the latest ARRT changes and correspond to Merrill's Atlas of Radiographic Positioning & Procedures, 14th Edition.
Module 1 – Preliminary Steps in Radiography Module 2 –General Anatomy and Radiographic Positioning Terminology Module 3- Thoracic Viscera: Chest and Upper Airway Module 4 – Abdomen Module 5 – Upper Extremity Module 6 – Shoulder Girdle Module 7 – Lower Extremity Module 8 – Pelvis and Hip Module 9 – Vertebral Column Module 10 – Bony Thorax
Module 11 –Cranium Module 12 – Trauma Radiography Module 13-Contrast Arthrography Module 14 – Myelography and other Central Nervous System Imaging Module 15 – Digestive System: Salivary Glands, Alimentary Canal and Biliary System Module 16 - Urinary System and Venipuncture Module 17 – Reproductive System Module 18 – Mammography Module 19 – Bone Densitometry
Bruce W. Long, MS, RT(R)(CV), FASRT, Director and Associate Professor, Radiologic Imaging and Sciences Programs, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA, Jeannean Hall Rollins, MRC, BSRT(R)(CV), Associate Professor, Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences
Arkansas State University
Jonesboro, AR, USA and Barbara J. Smith, MS, RT(R)(QM), FASRT, FAEIRS, Instructor, Radiologic Technology, Medical Imaging Department, Portland Community College, Portland, OR, USA