Study Guide for Understanding Pathophysiology Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 7th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Reinforce your understanding of difficult pathophysiology concepts! Corresponding to the chapters from Huether’s Understanding Pathophysiology, 7th Edition, this study guide provides a wide variety of activities and thousands of interactive questions to help you review and master pathophysiology content. This practical workbook guides readers through chapters on normal anatomy and physiology to chapters on body systems and disease. Case scenarios and practice exams help you develop the clinical thinking skills needed to succeed in clinical practice.
- More than 30 case scenarios provide real-world examples of how pathophysiology is used in the clinical setting.
- More than 2,500 interactive, engaging activities and questions are provided in a variety of formats.
- Nearly 70 images from the textbook are used in Explain the Pictures and Draw Your Answers questions to better engage visual learners.
- Teach These People about Pathophysiology poses questions directly from the patient’s point of view.
- Corresponding chapters make it easy to go back and forth between the workbook and the Understanding Pathophysiology textbook.
- Answer key allows you to check answers and evaluate your progress.
- NEW! UPDATED content reflects the updates to the main text along with changes to the chapter structure.
PART ONE: BASIC CONCEPTS OF PATHOPHYSIOLOGY
Unit 1: The Cell
1. Cellular Biology
2. Genes and Genetic Diseases
3. Epigenetics and Disease
4. Altered Cellular and Tissue Biology
5. Fluids and Electrolytes, Acids and Bases
Unit 2: Mechanisms of Self-Defense
6. Innate Immunity: Inflammation and Wound Healing
7. Adaptive Immunity
8. Alterations in Immunity NEW!
9. Infection and Defects in Mechanisms of Defense
10. Stress and Disease
Unit 3: Cellular Proliferation: Cancer
11. Biology of Cancer
12. Cancer Epidemiology
13. Cancer in Children and Adolescents
PART TWO: BODY SYSTEMS AND DISEASES
Unit 4: The Neurologic System
14. Structure and Function of the Neurologic System
15. Pain, Temperature, Sleep, and Sensory Function
16. Alterations in Cognitive Systems, Cerebral Hemodynamics, and Motor Function
17. Disorders of the Central and Peripheral Nervous Systems and Neuromuscular Junction
18. Alterations of Neurologic Function in Children
Unit 5: The Endocrine System
19. Mechanisms of Hormonal Regulation
20. Alterations of Hormonal Regulation
21. Obesity and Disorders of Nutrition NEW!
Unit 6: The Hematologic System
22. Structure and Function of the Hematologic System
23. Alterations of Hematologic Function
24. Alterations of Hematologic Function in Children
Unit 7: The Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
25. Structure and Function of the Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
26. Alterations of Cardiovascular Function
27. Alterations of Cardiovascular Function in Children
Unit 8: The Pulmonary System
28. Structure and Function of the Pulmonary System
29. Alterations of Pulmonary Function
30. Alterations of Pulmonary Function in Children
Unit 9: The Renal and Urologic Systems
31. Structure and Function of the Renal and Urologic Systems
32. Alterations of Renal and Urinary Tract Function
33. Alterations of Renal and Urinary Tract Function in Children
Unit 10: The Reproductive Systems
34. Structure and Function of the Reproductive Systems
35. Alterations of the Female Reproductive System
36. Alterations of the Male Reproductive System
Unit 11: The Digestive System
37. Structure and Function of the Digestive System
38. Alterations of Digestive Function
39. Alterations of Digestive Function in Children
Unit 12: The Musculoskeletal and Integumentary Systems
40. Structure and Function of the Musculoskeletal System
41. Alterations of Musculoskeletal Function
42. Alterations of Musculoskeletal Function in Children
43. Structure, Function, and Disorders of the Integument
44. Alterations of the Integument in Children
Sue E. Huether, MSN, PhD, Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT and Kathryn L. McCance, MSN, PhD, Professor, College of Nursing, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT