Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner and Midwifery Certification Review Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 1st Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Prepare your students for success on the WHNP and CNM certification exams with this comprehensive review! Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner and Midwifery Certification Review provides 1,000 multiple-choice questions based on the exam blueprints, with answers and rationales at the end of each chapter. Using those 1,000 questions, students can generate an unlimited number of 150-question practice tests reflecting the type of questions found on the actual exams. Written by nursing educator JoAnn Zerwekh and contributors who are WNHPs and CNMs, this review includes test-taking tips and realistic online practice to ensure exam readiness!
- 1,000 multiple-choice questions in the book are accompanied by answers and detailed rationales for correct answers.
- Practice exams on the Evolve website are selected from the book’s questions to create a virtually unlimited number of 150-question tests, including automated grading and feedback, with each exam designed to match the length and question distribution of the actual certification exams.
- Review of WHNP (Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner) and midwifery reflects the latest evidence-based clinical practice and national treatment guidelines and protocols, with separate sections covering physical assessment and diagnostic tests, gynecology and family planning, obstetrics, primary care, and professional issues.
- Test-Taking Strategies chapter uses test examples to offer tips and techniques to improve your study habits and testing skills, increase critical thinking, and decrease anxiety.
- Primary Care chapters each follow a standard format: Disorders and Pharmacology.
- Special QSEN safety icons highlight and emphasize questions related to the graduate-level Safety competency of the Quality & Safety Education for Nurses initiative.
1. Test-Taking Strategies
• Certification Exam Information
• Testing Strategies
• Techniques to Increase Critical Thinking Skills
• Testing Skills for Paper-and-Pencil Tests
• Successful Test Taking
• Decrease Anxiety
• Study Habits
PART I: PHYSICAL ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSTIC TESTS
2. Physical Assessment
• Health History
• Physical Exam
3. Diagnostic Tests
• Gastrointestinal and Liver
PART II: GYNECOLOGY AND FAMILY PLANNING
• Anatomy and Physiology of Reproduction
• Family Planning
• Male Issues Affecting Women’s Health
PART III: OBSTETRICS
• Physiology of Pregnancy
• Antepartum Care
6. Intrapartum (Midwifery only)
• Intrapartum Care
• Postpartum Care
8. Neonatal Care (Midwifery only)
PART IV: PRIMARY CARE
9. Health Promotion and Maintenance
• Health Screening
12. Head, Eyes, Ears, Nose, and Throat (HEENT)
17. Gastrointestinal and Liver
20. Mental Health
PART V: PROFESSIONAL ISSUES
21. Professional Issues (WHNP only)
• Research and Evidence-Based Practice
• Legal and Ethical
• Patient Safety
• Issues and Trends
JoAnn Zerwekh, EdD, RN, President/CEO,Nursing Education Consultants, Inc,Chandler, Arizona