Clinical Companion for Fundamentals of Nursing - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 10th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
To find the clinical facts you need to know, make this pocket guide your constant companion! Clinical Companion to Fundamentals of Nursing, 10th Edition includes the hard-to-remember facts, lab values, and abbreviations that are essential to providing optimal nursing care. Organized by the major concepts and principles of your nursing fundamentals course, this reference features a quick-access format with summary tables and bulleted lists. The Clinical Companion makes retrieving, reviewing, and retaining clinical facts and figures easier than ever!
- Detailed information on medications helps to prevent medication errors and ensure safe practice, with topics including dosage calculations, compatibilities, conversions, and administration.
- At-a-glance content is provided in outline, list, and tabular formats for easy lookup and review.
- Basic facts and figures, standard values, care guidelines and more provide the background frequently needed in a reference for clinical practice.
- Concise, pocket-sized format ensures portability for use in the clinical setting.
- NEW Vital Signs chapter contains everything a new student needs to know to quickly and accurately obtain vital signs.
- NEW Physical Assessment chapter helps students develop a systematic and thorough approach to health assessment.
- NEW! Interprofessional Collaboration and Delegation chapter explains the role of the nurse within the larger healthcare team.
- NEW! Updated pressure injury information includes prevention and care guidelines.
- NEW! Medical, Nursing, and Health Professions Terminology chapter acts as a quick medical terminology refresher and helps students understand clinical terms as they are encountered.
1. Medical, Nursing, and Health Professions Terminology
3. Interprofessional Collaboration and Delegation
4. Nursing Process/Care Planning
6. Patient Interview
7. Vital Signs NEW!
8. Physical Assessment NEW!
9. Pain Assessment
10. Skin, Hair, Nails Assessment
11. Head, Ears, Eyes, Nose, and Throat Assessment
12. Respiratory Assessment
13. Cardiac and Peripheral Vascular Assessment
14. Musculoskeletal Assessment
15. Neurological Assessment
16. Abdominal Assessment
17. Breasts and Genital Assessment
19. Equivalents and Dosage Calculations
20. Medication Administration
21. Infection Control
22. Mobility and Positioning
23. Personal Care
24. Wound Care
25. Oxygen Administration
26. Nutrition and Diets
27. Diagnostic Testing and Procedures
28. Preoperative and Postoperative Care
29. Emergent Clinical Situations
30. Death and Dying
Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN, Director of Research, Patient Care Services
St. Louis, MO, Anne Griffin Perry, RN, EdD, FAAN, Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL, Patricia Stockert, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, President of the College, Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing, Peoria, IL, Amy Hall, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, CNE, Professor and Dean, School of Nursing, Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana and Veronica Peterson, BA, RN, BSN, MS, Manager of Clinical Support, University of Wisconsin Medical Foundation; Adjunct Clinical Instructor, University of Wisconsin School of Nursing, Madison, WI