The Hospital for Sick Children Handbook of Pediatrics Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 12th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
Practical and pocket sized, The Hospital for Sick Children Handbook of Pediatrics has been a trusted learning resource and clinical reference for more than 50 years. The fully revised 12th Edition continues this tradition of excellence with succinct, easily accessible, and evidence-based answers for the diagnosis and management of pediatric patients. Provide your students with reliable information from staff pediatricians, specialists, residents, and fellows at one of the top pediatric hospitals in the world.
- Provides the most up-to-date diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to pediatric clinical problems using evidence-based guidelines.
- Contains new chapters on mental health and technology and medical complexity.
- Offers quick access to comprehensive information on urgent situations in a six-chapter Acute Care section devoted to pediatric emergencies.
- Includes abundant algorithms for bedside diagnoses and management of various scenarios.
- Offers fast access to key information such as normal reference values for various ages and sizes of pediatric patients, common equations and normal vital signs, and resuscitation drugs.
- Widely used by medical students, residents, practicing pediatricians, family physicians, emergency physicians, nurses, and other interdisciplinary practitioners.
2 Emergency Medicine
3 Poisonings and Toxicology
4 Pain, Sedation, and Anethesia
6 Adolescent Medicine
9 Child Maltreatment
13 Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology
15 Fluids, Electrolytes, and Acid–Base
16 Gastroenterology and Hepatology
17 General Surgery
19 Growth and Nutrition
24 Infectious Diseases
25 Mental Health
26 Metabolic Disease
28 Nephrology and Urology
29 Neurology and Neurosurgery
34 Plastic Surgery
37 Technology and Medical Complexity
39 Laboratory Reference Values
40 Pediatric Drug Dosing Guidelines
The Hospital for Sick Children, Shawna Silver, MD, Deborah Schonfeld, MD, Siobhán Neville, MD and Catherine Diskin, MD