Ham's Primary Care Geriatrics, 7th Edition
- Uses a case study format that is ideal for learning, retention, and rapid recall. All case studies are thoroughly up to date with current references.
- Features an interdisciplinary perspective to provide team-oriented knowledge on the best diagnosis, treatment, and management strategies available to address the complex needs of older adults.
- Contains a new chapter on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) Medicine in Older Adults, as well as completely revised or rewritten chapters on rehabilitation, infectious disease, and urinary incontinence.
- Provides up-to-date information on key topics such as opioid management and polypharmacy, the “geriatric emergency room,? cultural humility in the care of older adults, and the five signs of problematic substance abuse.
- Includes key learning objectives and USMLE-style questions in every chapter.
- Online extras include dizziness, gait, and balance video resources, a dermatology quiz, and a Cognitive Status Assessment with tests and patient teaching guides.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
UNIT ONE: PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICE
1. Principles of Primary Care of Older Adults
2. Interprofessional Team Care
4. Wellness and Prevention
5. Advanced Cultural Competency in Caring for Geriatric Patients
6. Appropriate Prescribing
8. Financing and Organization of Health Care
9. Billing and Coding
10. Hospital Care
11. Long-Term Care
12. Home Care
14. Palliative Care
UNIT TWO: GERIATRIC SYNDROMES AND COMMON SPECIAL PROBLEMS
15. Emergency Care
17. Alzheimer's Disease and Other Dementias
19. Balance, Gait and Mobility
23. Urinary Incontinence
24. Constipation and Fecal Incontinence
25. Hearing Impairment
26. Visual Impairment and Eye Problems
27. Persistent Pain
28. Malnutrition and Feeding Problems
30. Pressure Ulcers
31. Sleep Disorders
32. Sexual Health
33. Mistreatment and Neglect
UNIT THREE: SELECTED CLINICAL PROBLEMS OF THE ORGAN SYSTEMS
37. Coronary Artery Disease and Atrial Fibrillation
38. Congestive Heart Failure
39. Peripheral Vascular Disease
40. Transient Ischemic Attacks and Stroke
41. Diabetes Mellitus
42. Thyroid Disorders
44. Arthritis and Related Disorders
45. Foot Problems
48. Pulmonary Disease
49. Infectious Diseases
50. The Acute Abdomen
51. Benign Prostate Disease
52. Parkinson's Disease
53. Oral Disorders
54. Skin Problems
Gregg A. Warshaw, MD, Martha Betty Semmons Professor of Geriatric Medicine, Professor of Family and Community Medicine, Director, Geriatric Medicine Program, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio, Jane F. Potter, MD, Harris Professor of Geriatric Medicine, Chief, Division of Geriatrics and Gerontology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Home Instead Center for Successful Aging, Omaha, Nebraska, Ellen Flaherty, PhD, APRN, AGSF, Dartmouth Center for Health and Aging, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth; Department of Primary Care-Geriatrics, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire, Matthew K. McNabney, Mitchell T. Heflin and Richard J. Ham, MD, Director, WVU Center on Aging, Professor of Geriatric Medicine and Psychiatry, Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia