Leading with Mastery and Heart
Leading with Mastery and Heart: The Coaching Companion for Thriving Nurse Leaders provides expert, on-the-spot coaching for nurses who lead. Content centers on topic-specific columns that feature an easy-to-read, personable writing style not found in any other leadership title. Just a few of the hot topics covered in this collection are: how to stay centered and positive in the midst of highly stressful situations; how to manage resistance and negativity; how to provide inspiration along with direction; and how to combat limiting circumstances and beliefs. With its wealth of proven, real-world advice, Leading with Mastery and Heart: The Coaching Companion for Thriving Nurse Leaders is perfect for any current or aspiring nurse manager or executive looking to quickly and effectively hone their leadership skills.
- Well-organized collection of over 60 columns on leadership excellence for nurses covering topics such as the challenges of being new on the job, what change really means, managing resistance, developing others in challenging times, and coaching your boss
- Practical advice based on real circumstances in real healthcare organizations offering true to life examples and successful solutions that apply to nurse leaders at all levels.
- Emphasis on self-awareness reflecting the extensive research validating that the more self-aware we are, the better leaders we become
- Concrete and immediate solutions providing uncommon insight and guidance for even the most intractable challenges
About the Author
1. Self-Awareness: The Nurse Leader’s Single Biggest Asset. Are you maximizing it?
2. Being New: You are New to Nursing Management. How is it going?
3. Habits: Understand and Change Those that Hurt You and Others
4. Developing Others: Challenges and Solutions for One of Your Most Important Roles
5. Stories: We Tell Many Stories to Ourselves and Others. But are they accurate and are
6. Your Team: It’s the Key to Your Success. Are they fulfilling their potential?
7. Readiness: Yours and Theirs. What if they (or you) aren’t ready to do what’s required?
8. Resistance: See it for What it is and Manage it for What it can Become
9. Power: Recognize and Harness the Sources of (and Barriers to) Your Power and Full