Elsevier's Faculty Development, 1st Edition
There’s no better way to build your teaching skills! Elsevier’s Faculty Development: An Interactive Solution provides a comprehensive, one-stop solution to help you improve your effectiveness in the classroom and advance your career. A combination handbook and self-guided online course make it easy to progress through the material at your own pace. You will study topics such as learning theories, course planning, classroom management, assessment writing, and best-practice instruction methods for a variety of settings, supplemented throughout with interactive exercises, case scenarios, and critical thinking questions to help you put it into practice. Elsevier’s Faculty Development contains the tools you need to prioritize student success and become a master teacher!
- Multi-faceted learning solution combines a handbook for didactic learning plus a self-guided interactive online course.
- Text and online content include an in-depth look at learning theories, course planning and classroom management, teaching methods for a variety of settings, assessment writing, self-development, and ways to decrease the educational gap.
- Activities and assessments help you implement the concepts you’ve learned and to document your participation and experience, using interactive exercises, critical thinking questions, case studies with examples from a variety of program/student populations, and course module assessments to keep you engaged and track your progress.
- Certificate is issued upon the successful completion of each module, post-module assessment, and final exam; this certificate can be added to your employee record or portfolio to allow administrators to track onboarding.
- Bonus course module focuses on the unique needs of remote learning and instruction to provide additional guidance for instructors who have been moved from on-ground to online teaching.
1. Learning Theories
2. Course Planning
3. Classroom Management
4. Student Engagement
5. Critical Thinking and Judgment
6. Best Practices for Effective Instruction
8. Decreasing the Educational Gap
9. Self-Assessment and Improvement
10. Self-Development and Lifelong Learning
Elsevier and Sonja P Sheppard, PhD, MEd, RN, Associate Director, Nursing and Allied Health
Hartnell Community College